RepairmanJack.com Forums
Nightworld - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Nightworld (/thread-3442.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nightworld - pennywise969 - 06-11-2009

Ive been reading the Nightworld series. I am currently about 3/4 of the way through Reborn and I have a question/problem.

My problem is that my local library doesnt have Nightworld even though it has the rest of the series. Ive also been periodically searching Half Priced Books, but no luck.

So, Im looking online. My question is 2 parts. A) Wasnt there a revision of Nightworld published? and if so B) how can I tell which is which? Ive seen a lot of paperback copies that have a picture of a castle and "Night World" in orange.

I'd love to get a snazzy copy from Borderlands, but its out of my price range currently.

Any advice, guys?

Also, Im not sure the ediquette on this. If it is in poor taste to come to an author's forum and ask about buying used, then Im sorry. No offense to FPW. Love ya, man.

Nightworld - Alvin Fox - 06-11-2009

Currently the Borderlands edition is the only way to get the revised Nightworld. It will be reissued in a couple of years (as soon as the last RJ book is out).

Nightworld - Ken Valentine - 06-12-2009

pennywise969 Wrote:So, Im looking online. My question is 2 parts. A) Wasnt there a revision of Nightworld published? and if so B) how can I tell which is which? Ive seen a lot of paperback copies that have a picture of a castle and "Night World" in orange.
Yes, there's a revised NIGHTWORLD, and it's even longer (and better) than the original.

The revised novel is only in a limited edition at this time, but you might still want to pick up the original novel. I don't think you will regret reading both versions . . . they're THAT good!

There's also a possibility that the second revision may be slightly revised as well, after the last RJ book has been published.

And if that happens, I for one, will own (and have read) all three.

Ken V.

Nightworld - pennywise969 - 06-12-2009

Thanks, I appreciate it. So, is the general consensus that I should read it now rather than waiting for the revised version that will come out post-RJ?

Nightworld - Ken Valentine - 06-12-2009

pennywise969 Wrote:Thanks, I appreciate it. So, is the general consensus that I should read it now rather than waiting for the revised version that will come out post-RJ?
More like two opposing view points rather than a general consensus.

There's the "read it now" group, (of which I am one) and the "wait until the series is finished" group.

It's not a matter of right versus wrong, it's simply a matter of taste -- personal preference.

Ken V.

Nightworld - Wapitikev - 06-12-2009

pennywise969 Wrote:I'd love to get a snazzy copy from Borderlands, but its out of my price range currently.

Any advice, guys?
ALL the Borderlands Press editions are on sale now for $30 each...that's a signed, numbered, limited to 1000 copies, edition for the same price as a trade hardcover.
[URL="http://www.borderlandspress.com/"]
click here and scroll down a bit to check them out[/URL]

I understand that $30 still may be a little steep for some, but that's an impossible to beat price. The only possible drawback is that, if you order the set, you don't get the same number on each volume.

I ordered my set tonight.

-Wapitikev

Nightworld - pennywise969 - 06-12-2009

Cool, thanks guys. I still need to finish Reborn and the Reprisals, so I have some time to consider it.

P.S. I love the Identity Crisis quote, Wapitikev. I just read that last weekend. It was great and Batman was badass despite not being physically present much.

Nightworld - scrappyblue - 06-12-2009

If you live in a city, your library may have an Inter-Library Loan option that you could try ... often the branches in Vancouver don't have the books I want so I get them to find them for me in the surrounding areas. It's worth checking into anyhow.
I read the first Nightworld and I'm looking forward to reading the revised one later, I'd suggest doing that if you can ... read them both.

Nightworld - Silverfish - 06-12-2009

I'm in the WAIT camp. Even though I know the general idea of what is going to happen, I'm still going to wait until the proper place in the series to read it.

(I started with RJ, and not the Adversary Cycle.)

Welcome to the board.

Stephanie

Nightworld - cobalt - 06-12-2009

I have the original Nightworld as well as the revised edition.

I'm in the "can't wait group".....I've read both....I just had to know.