Pages (3):    1 2 3   
kurrgan   06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
The only way i can get my grubby little paws on the Adversary Cycle books is through Borderlands?

I saw the earlier post about them being on sale there. But when i click the link on the side of the page it doesn't mention anything about sale prices. Did i miss something?
Brian   06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
kurrgan Wrote:The only way i can get my grubby little paws on the Adversary Cycle books is through Borderlands?

I used Amazon and Abebooks. Used books true, but for the price you can't go wrong.

There is no wise man without fault
Wapitikev   06-13-2009, 12:01 AM
kurrgan Wrote:The only way i can get my grubby little paws on the Adversary Cycle books is through Borderlands?

I saw the earlier post about them being on sale there. But when i click the link on the side of the page it doesn't mention anything about sale prices. Did i miss something?
scroll down until you see the heading:

NEW SPECIAL PRICES
FOR ADVERSARY CYCLE!

...in the centre of the page...its kind of hard to miss if you scroll down far enough.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 06-13-2009, 12:06 AM by Wapitikev.

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Wapitikev   06-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Brian Wrote:I used Amazon and Abebooks. Used books true, but for the price you can't go wrong.
Just curious Brian, were those the limited Borderlands editions or the regular trade editions.

I have most of the hardcover trade editions up until (and including) The Touch, but I could find none of the Borderlands editions, used (for what I was willing to pay, anyway).

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Brian   06-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Just curious Brian, were those the limited Borderlands editions or the regular trade editions.

I have most of the hardcover trade editions up until (and including) The Touch, but I could find none of the Borderlands editions, used (for what I was willing to pay, anyway).

-Wapitikev

The Adversary group are all older paperbacks I found on Amazon or Abebooks. The RMJ group are mostly new paperbacks from various local bookstores. I do have the last 2 books out in the series in hard cover though. I can't afford the limiteds, or should I say, I'm unwilling to pay some of those prices. Big Grin

Wapitikev   06-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Brian Wrote:The Adversary group are all older paperbacks I found on Amazon or Abebooks. The RMJ group are mostly new paperbacks from various local bookstores. I do have the last 2 books out in the series in hard cover though. I can't afford the limiteds, or should I say, I'm unwilling to pay some of those prices. Big Grin
Yes, the Gauntlet Editions of the previous Jack titles are a little out of my "willingness to pay range" as well; ones that are just being released are a different story, however.

As a "wait to read Reprisal and Nightworld" devotee, I crave to read the new Jack books far too much to wait another 6 months for the trade hardcover (or even longer for the paperback) to appear.

I bought BTS from Gauntlet last year and have ordered Ground Zero from them this year, so I can read 'em ASAP.

Why don't you and Cobalt go 50-50 on the Guantlet edition of Ground Zero? That way you could both get to read it in about 2 weeks...you'd just have to fight over who would get to read it first.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Brian   06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Wapitkev Wrote:Why don't you and Cobalt go 50-50 on the Guantlet edition of Ground Zero? That way you could both get to read it in about 2 weeks...you'd just have to fight over who would get to read it first.

She had ordered her copy a long while ago. Good luck getting the book away from her until she's read it. I'll only have to wait 2 or 3 days to borrow it. I'll buy my own copy when it comes out to the general public. The way I look at it, my waiting to purchase will just give The Man another sale of a book.

cobalt   06-13-2009, 07:41 PM
"She" may share...we'll see....lol Wink

EWMAN
Wapitikev   06-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Brian Wrote:She had ordered her copy a long while ago. Good luck getting the book away from her until she's read it. I'll only have to wait 2 or 3 days to borrow it. I'll buy my own copy when it comes out to the general public. The way I look at it, my waiting to purchase will just give The Man another sale of a book.
Gotta keep that economy chugging along, Brian. Good plan.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev   06-14-2009, 02:30 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:"She" may share...we'll see....lol Wink
Why share it when you can rent it.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Pages (3):    1 2 3