Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   05-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Tom Hanks's back! As Robert Langdon. Yes, it's new movie.....

"Angels & Demons"

Today I saw "Angels & Demons". It was surprisingly good and better than "The Da Vinci Code". "The Da Vinci Code" was mystery with some unbelievable unrealistic conspiracies. But "Angels & Demons" was simply thriller and horror. It's entertainment. Some bloody scenes were in this movie, though.

If you like "The Da Vinci Code", you'll enjoy this movie more. If you don't like "The Da Vinci Code"....., well, no problem. As I said, it was better than "The Da Vinci Code".
cobalt   05-16-2009, 09:56 AM
When I read the books, I liked Angels and Demons best.

EWMAN
johntfs   05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I'd've liked it a lot better of Dan Brown would just vary his damned plot elements a little bit. When every story has the equivalent of "the butler did it" as a resolution, it kind of kills the mystery.
Silad   05-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I read the book quite a few years ago and thought it was OK but I thought the ending was a bit stupid to say the least and I hope the film has a different one.
saynomore   05-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Kenji Wrote:Tom Hanks's back! As Robert Langdon. Yes, it's new movie.....

"Angels & Demons"

Today I saw "Angels & Demons". It was surprisingly good and better than "The Da Vinci Code". "The Da Vinci Code" was mystery with some unbelievable unrealistic conspiracies. But "Angels & Demons" was simply thriller and horror. It's entertainment. Some bloody scenes were in this movie, though.

If you like "The Da Vinci Code", you'll enjoy this movie more. If you don't like "The Da Vinci Code"....., well, no problem. As I said, it was better than "The Da Vinci Code".

Ditto.

AC

P.S. Almost word for word my opinion.
Scott Miller   12-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Kenji Wrote:Tom Hanks's back! As Robert Langdon. Yes, it's new movie.....

"Angels & Demons"

You nailed it Kenji. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie after disliking The Da Vinci Code; a major improvement. It wasn't without problems but it set a furious pace that didn't allow you to dwell for long and I did not see the ending coming at all(I never read the book).

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Srem   01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Movie spoilers below:

Normally after reading the book first and then watching the movie afterward, I always give the movie a fair chance. But not this time. For whatever insane reason, the movie makers left out two very important scenes. The first one was a stunt, with Robert Langdon jumping out of a helicopter using the helicopter windshield cover as a sort of parasail and landing into a river. A corny and unbelievable stunt I realize, but one that shouldn't have been left out of the movie simply because it was death-defying.

Most important was the second scene, which was a plot element. I could have lived without the stunt scene, but this one was the culmination of the air, fire, water, and earth ambigram branding scenes. It was a perfect diamond with all four elements combined together into one big ambigram on the final brand, not some cheesy double-cross (pardon the pun) design which was shown in the movie.

Btw, I like Tom Hanks as an actor a lot, but I think he might have been a little out of his element in The Da Vinci Code, and Demons and Angels.

These movies may have faired better had the adaptation from novel to big screen not been so poorly executed.

This is what the final brand should have looked like in the movie; if you turn it upside-down it will still look exactly the same:
[Image: 9kc7cy.jpg]

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Srem   01-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Oh crap; sorry I missed the ~No Spoilers~ part on Kenji's thread. My apologies.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Srem Wrote:Oh crap; sorry I missed the ~No Spoilers~ part on Kenji's thread. My apologies.

All is forgiven.Wink
Patrice   01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
second worst movie inspired after a book in 2009, worst movie was halfbloodprince...
Pages (2): 1 2