Sam   11-21-2009, 05:14 PM
My first thought was, "Reminds me a bit of that music video for "Sober" by Tool." Creepy visuals. Very Tim Burton. Obviously not for kids, though. No cursing or anything like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would cause bad dreams for children. Don't miss it.
This post was last modified: 11-29-2009, 10:28 AM by Sam.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
GeraldRice   11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Sam Wrote:My first thought when the film started was, "Reminds me a bit of that music video for "Sober" by Tool." Creepy visuals. Very Tim Burton. I was very pleased with the movie. Obviously not for kids, though. No cursing or anything like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would cause bad dreams for children. Don't miss it.

I never even heard of this movie until Thursday night when Access Hollywood happened to be on and they were talking to Kate Hudson. I have no clue what it's about and I didn't know it was out already. But it was good, eh?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Sam   11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I never even heard of this movie until Thursday night when Access Hollywood happened to be on and they were talking to Kate Hudson. I have no clue what it's about and I didn't know it was out already. But it was good, eh?

Actually, I watched this at a theater back in early October when I was at Myrtle Beach. I saw an online article about it recently and figured I'd post my opinion. From what I've read it came out in September but didn't get much playtime in theaters, and will be on dvd around Dec 29.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Scott Miller   01-03-2010, 12:13 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I never even heard of this movie until Thursday night when Access Hollywood happened to be on and they were talking to Kate Hudson. I have no clue what it's about and I didn't know it was out already. But it was good, eh?

Both me and the kids thought it was good. Ho-hum story, great visuals(the beasts are cool, maybe a little frightening)and good voice talent. It won't blow you away but if you enjoy CGI films this one is a bit different. My daughter is 8 and she wasn't spooked by it.

It is light years better than G-Force; I didn't much like it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I liked 9...in fact I picked up a copy yesterday. Not really a good one for little kids, but we liked seeing it again.

EWMAN
Yeratel   01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
It's kind of confusing having two different movies titled "nine" released in the same year, one "Nine" (the musical), and one "9" (the post-apocalyptic CGI).