Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
longbowhunter   03-14-2009, 02:54 AM
ohhhh....never knew FPW was a fan of Blue Beetle and The Question. Always prefered the Ditko Question over the O'Neil version,even if I didnt totally agree with all of Ditkos viewpoints. And to keep this on topic,the Watchmen movie was not as bad as I had feared,but the book was better(aint it always?)
Medusa   03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Just saw this and loved it! "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!" Awesome!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
cobalt   03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
A bit long of a movie...but I liked it as well.

EWMAN
Noelie   03-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Saw it today, 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up. :thumbsup:

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
law dawg   03-19-2009, 11:17 AM
At one point I found myself thinking "this is staying too frame by frame true to the graphic novel, it needs to breathe its own air" then, thirty seconds later, was pissed that it left out one of my favorite lines from the novel. [Image: smile.gif]

A very good movie. Nowhere near its source material, of course.

Don't go expecting a superhero movie - you won't get one. It's more a deconstruction of the superhero myth - what would the world really be like with people like this, and what kind of person would really do this kinda stuff. It's a love letter to and critical evaluation of the superhero all in one. There's a reason Time Magazine said Watchmen was one of the top 100 English language novels written in the 20th century.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
colburn0004   03-19-2009, 01:22 PM
That's one thing I didn't like about the movie is that it didn't convey that these were people that saw the idea of masked men saving lives and thought hey what if i did that. It's something you lost with it keeping out the parts about the original minute men and the first night owl. But it goes a long way to say that it was still a great movie without having all these multiple levels that the novel worked on.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
bones weep tedium   03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
law dawg Wrote:At one point I found myself thinking "this is staying too frame by frame true to the graphic novel, it needs to breathe its own air" then, thirty seconds later, was pissed that it left out one of my favorite lines from the novel. [Image: smile.gif]

What line was that, by the way? :confused:

I think your comment just about sums up my feeling toward the film as well. Some places were painfully accurate, and then they took incredible liberties in the next scene Rolleyes

I suppose it's as good as any other book>film adaptation, though.

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Noelie   03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
law dawg Wrote:Don't go expecting a superhero movie - you won't get one. It's more a deconstruction of the superhero myth - what would the world really be like with people like this, and what kind of person would really do this kinda stuff.
Yup, yup. Which is exactly why several of the people in the theatre when I went to see it walked out, I think. And there was more than one "This movie is dumb" comment from the peanut gallery. It took everything in me to not say, "No, YOU'RE dumb."

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Kenji   03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Today I woke up at 4 am. But now I can't sleep. I'm so excited because today I'm going to a theatre see Watchmen!

Big Grin
Kenji   03-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Today I saw WATCHMEN. WOW!!! What a terrific movie! I loved it!

All of Rorschach's dialogues are very heavy and meaningful. "Humans get arrested. Dogs get put down". Oh, man! He's really cool...
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4