Weatherford   04-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I am surprised no one has posted this yet. Pretty amazing voice! I will admit, I should never have seen this before heading into the studio yesterday - she makes me feel incredibly vocally inadequate! the only other recording of her singing (Cry Me a River from 1999) is also on You Tube.

Introducing Susan Doyle, a 47 year old average woman from Scotland with an incredibly unaverage voice

I hope no one changes her.

Some interesting comments, here!
cobalt   04-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I've heard clips of her singing from the radio. This was the first time I've seen the clip. WOW!!! An absolutely beautiful performance of a wonderful song.
I don't watch Idol or this show....but I understand Simon is the one to impress....it's a beautiful thing that Susan Boyle wowed everyone. Good luck to her...no matter what she does.

EWMAN
fpw   04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Looked like a couple of the judges were about to cry. Got a little verklempt myself.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
webby   04-18-2009, 12:19 PM
fpw Wrote:Looked like a couple of the judges were about to cry. Got a little verklempt myself.

Same here. I've watched the video umpteen times and it still gives me chills. Her voice is so mesmerizingly beautiful, it's almost enough to make an agnostic believe in god after all.

She said she wanted to be like Elaine Paige. Well, I watched a clip of Ms. Paige (here) and I say Susan Boyle has a far more lovely voice.

Weatherford, the comments you linked to are very interesting indeed. I agree with the people saying they don't want Susan to change her looks, at least not dramatically.

She's probably going to need at least a little makeover though, to sing professionally. I don't see any problem with a little tweezing, a good haircut, some very subtle makeup and a flattering wardrobe. Some little changes would likely reveal the honest beauty in her appearance.

Here's the link to her singing "Cry Me a River", for the lazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ.

I read that she's already in negotiations for a recording deal. I hope she's well represented in that and I am very much looking forward to her first CD.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Silverfish   04-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow. At first Simon looked like he thought someone was pulling a practical joke on him.

She is amazing.

Wow...just wow.

Thanks for sharing this great link.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Maggers   04-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh my, I've watched this clips for days now, over and over, and I still get chills, I still cry. It's so inspiring, so moving, so wonderful. She should not change a hair on her fuzzy little head. She's terrific.

I can watch it again and again, and I will, and I know she will touch my heart every time.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Brian   04-18-2009, 04:53 PM
That Simon dude is a real idiot from what I've seen and heard. Nice to see him at a loss for words with this woman and her great voice.

There is no wise man without fault