fpw   03-05-2009, 03:12 PM
If you have a copy, you have something of a rarity. A couple of days ago a reader pointed out to me that the title was misspelled on the spine ("Emplorium"). I contacted Booksurge and they're fixing it. But they've stopped the presses until it's fixed. All copies ordered after yesterday AM will have the error corrected.

So...you early birds caught a worm.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
lexator222   03-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Does that mean that you will have to "Emplore" everyone to buy a copy?
Silverfish   03-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow, I didn't see that. Cool. I have a copy.

Paul, how many copies actually got into circulation? Can you get the numbers from Amazon? How big is the print run altogether?

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
fpw   03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Silverfish Wrote:Wow, I didn't see that. Cool. I have a copy.

Paul, how many copies actually got into circulation? Can you get the numbers from Amazon? How big is the print run altogether?

Stephanie

Booksurge uses POD (print on demand) technology, so there's no advance print run, no "stock," so to speak. I imagine they batch a day's orders and then run them off. I'll have to check how many were sent out. Can't be many. I'd be surprised if it topped 200 in the 3 days since the newsletter went out.
This post was last modified: 03-06-2009, 09:21 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   03-06-2009, 04:14 PM
fpw Wrote:Booksurge uses POD (print on demand) technology, so there's no advance print run, no "stock," so to speak. I imagine they batch a day's orders and then run them off. I'll have to check how many were sent out. Can't be many. I'd be surprised if it topped 200 in the 3 days since the newsletter went out.
You mean I have to buy another copy, so I can have the origional "error" and the revised version? Wink
I can't believe I didn't notice.
Silverfish   03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
So they just print off a copy whenever someone wants one? That's cool. With your other books, they print a batch, and once they sell out, they do another run. So this way, you could theoretically have an unlimited number of copies sold, and it would all be the same edition. Cool

I'm happy I "accidentally" got a collector's item. It's the next book to read on my list. It's been sitting on my shelf for two full weeks because I've been so busy. Too bad I didn't catch this error as soon as I got it, in order to limit the print run even further - if I ever decided to sell it on eBay, which I won't - to make more money. Big Grin

It would be interesting, if you could get the number, to see just how many books got out with the error.

Stephanie

fpw Wrote:Booksurge uses POD (print on demand) technology, so there's no advance print run, no "stock," so to speak. I imagine they batch a day's orders and then run them off. I'll have to check how many were sent out. Can't be many. I'd be surprised if it topped 200 in the 3 days since the newsletter went out.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
palsunstar   03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Just received mine today...with the print error on the spine.
I look forward to reading this story...I've been looking forward to the "affordable" version for quite some time now.

~Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-08-2009, 07:17 PM
fpw Wrote:If you have a copy, you have something of a rarity. A couple of days ago a reader pointed out to me that the title was misspelled on the spine ("Emplorium"). I contacted Booksurge and they're fixing it. But they've stopped the presses until it's fixed. All copies ordered after yesterday AM will have the error corrected.

So...you early birds caught a worm.

I love it. Now typos are creeping onto the spines as well. One of these days, Paul, you're going to get a galley proof that, while making sense, will have =nothing to do= with your original copy at all.

THAT will be a collectible!:pWink
Wapitikev   03-10-2009, 02:03 AM
AWESOME!

I've already read my copy and I must say, Mr. Wilson, it was top drawer. It held more than a few "OMG, that's freaking cool" moments for me.

...but I still didn't notice the spine until your post.

[sheepish]

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Silverfish   04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I woke up this morning to an email from Amazon Customer Service informing me that my refund has been processed to TP-OTCOE, and that they hope this resolution is satisfactory.

Hmmmm...what refund?

I got $1.56 US back from Amazon, and I can't figure out why. It's 11.15% of the book price, and 6.17% of the price after shipping. None of these are round numbers; an obligatory sorry-we-screwed-up-10% off given by some companies.

A change in exchange rates? Why should they matter a month after I've ordered the product?

I'm starting to think it's the price of the letter that they messed up on the spine. But is a letter really worth $1.56 US? I'm not going to complain. I'll put it in my long-term savings, and when I retire, it'll buy me a candy bar. Wink

Stephanie