Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
jmez87   06-23-2009, 12:04 PM
A couple comments up you guys were talking about the movie Dark City. I caught the end of it the other day and i must say I was Extrmely lost. It was so crazy with the dudes in the earth and everything was dark. If it ever comes on again i definitely would watch the rest.

C.Jimenez
Brian   06-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Dark City was a strange one. I'd seen it years ago. I wasn't impressed with it then. Watching it again I laughed at the guys and that crazy kid in the Uncle Fester coats.

There is no wise man without fault
cobalt   07-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Mall Cop, what a major epic fail. The few and far between funny lines can't save it. A waste of my time. I FF through alot of it....and it put Brian to snoring.

EWMAN
jmez87   07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I found appreciation for mall cop for two reasons. It was in jersey and i am a HUGE king of queens fan, Favorite sitcom ever. the movie could have been a little better and a little less "extreme" with all the sports stars in it.

C.Jimenez
Wapitikev   07-15-2009, 03:56 AM
Additional Comedy recommendation:

Let It Ride - 1989. Stars Richard Dreyfus as the comedy-lead and Robbie Coltrane has a decent audition for Abe by playing The Ticket Seller.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
cobalt   09-02-2009, 11:22 PM
We watched Passengers tonight. It starred Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson. Set some place in the Pacific north west. It's about a group of survivors from a plane crash. I must admit...I had suspicions about some of the characters. Turns out I was partially correct. The movie did make me cry...hell.... I must be getting soft.....I cry at more movies now-a-days. :cryin:

Worth the 90 odd minutes.

EWMAN
LarDog   09-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Here are five guilty pleasures you may enjoy:
cobalt   10-18-2009, 01:36 AM
After watching Wolverine, Origins tonight..... we stumbled on Evolution. I absolutely love that movie. Some great comedic lines and some good music.

Ca-caw...lol

EWMAN
Maggers   10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
LarDog Wrote:Here are five guilty pleasures you may enjoy:

Hi Lar Dog, I don't think we've met. You've listed some of my favorites here, and they don't come up often, either. I am especially, wildly, madly crazy fond of MISTER MAGOO'S CHRISTMAS CAROL. I can sing all the songs. LOL. Love it.

But these are all masterful films. Nice picks for pics!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7