lexator222   02-17-2009, 03:24 AM
I just saw this film on Sunday, and it was FANTASTIC! Having worked in the banking industry (I worked for First Interstate Bank for over 5 years) I know how the Banks are the REAL evil in this world! Some of the stuff that I saw, working in the "Legal executions" dept. (Wow! now that I think of it, that really sounds sinister, doesn't it!) which was basically sueing people and grabbing their cars, bank accounts or wages (Horrible job) I could tell you some horror stories of how they manipulated the courts, and lied thru their teeth, to the Nth degree, just to get a judgement! This bank in the film, however was even more sinister that FIB was, they were in the market to start wars, just for the profit avail! I imagine that there could be some banking institutions that would, or may have done something like that, but I have no first-hand knowledge of it.
If you get a chance to see this movie, I would put it in line with "The Davinci Code" for a political thriller! Good stuff!

Lexx
Kenji   02-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Japanese title is "The Bank", but I prefer "The International". We have to wait until April 4.
Kenji   04-04-2009, 10:23 AM
lexator222 Wrote:I just saw this film on Sunday, and it was FANTASTIC! Having worked in the banking industry (I worked for First Interstate Bank for over 5 years) I know how the Banks are the REAL evil in this world! Some of the stuff that I saw, working in the "Legal executions" dept. (Wow! now that I think of it, that really sounds sinister, doesn't it!) which was basically sueing people and grabbing their cars, bank accounts or wages (Horrible job) I could tell you some horror stories of how they manipulated the courts, and lied thru their teeth, to the Nth degree, just to get a judgement! This bank in the film, however was even more sinister that FIB was, they were in the market to start wars, just for the profit avail! I imagine that there could be some banking institutions that would, or may have done something like that, but I have no first-hand knowledge of it.
If you get a chance to see this movie, I would put it in line with "The Davinci Code" for a political thriller! Good stuff!

Lexx

I agree, Lexx. Today I saw this movie and it was GREAT! Good political thriller!

IBBC is real evil. Now I heard this is non-fiction. Based on a true event in 1991, by "Bank of Credit and Commerce International" (BCCI).

:eek6:

IBBC