Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
Wapitikev   02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Okay, it says it on booksurge.com, who sells through Amazon. It says "In Stock" and "Usually ships in 1 business days".
Here is the link:
http://www.booksurge.com/The-Peabody-Ozy...219575.htm

Amazon says the same thing and says you can get it delivered by Feb 16 if you order in the next 18 hours and choose one-day shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/Peabody-Ozymandias...015&sr=8-1
I ordered it through Booksurge.com last night.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
lexator222   02-15-2009, 12:15 AM
So, apparently the only two RP short stories are "A Day in the Life" and "Interlude at Duane's"?
I have both "Barrens and others" and "Soft and others", and I cannot find any other stories where Jack appears.
Let me know, Lexx
Wapitikev   02-15-2009, 02:08 AM
lexator222 Wrote:So, apparently the only two RP short stories are "A Day in the Life" and "Interlude at Duane's"?
I have both "Barrens and others" and "Soft and others", and I cannot find any other stories where Jack appears.
Let me know, Lexx
Besides the two you mentioned, "Long Way Home" is not in any anthology but is available from Amazon as a PDF download for $0.49 (yes 49 cents).

"The Wringer" from the Night Screams anthology (1996) is the one that FPW is thinking of putting into one of the last 2 Jack books (which is why it doesn't appear on the Secret History list). That anthology can be had for as low as $1.00 on Abebooks.

That makes 4 RJ short stories.

There are also a number of Otherness related short stories that do not have Rasalom, Jack or Glaeken in them.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 02-15-2009, 02:11 AM by Wapitikev.

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
fpw   02-15-2009, 10:03 AM
lexator222 Wrote:So, apparently the only two RP short stories are "A Day in the Life" and "Interlude at Duane's"?
Let me know, Lexx

"A Day in the Life"
"Home Repairs"*
"The Long Way Home"
"The Last Rakosh"*
"The Wringer"
"Interlude at Duane's"
"Do-Gooder"
(*incorporated into novels)

Check the bibliography for publishing details.

Not in the biblio (which is current through the end of 2008) is "Recalled" in the Matheson tribute anthology just published by Gauntlet. It's not a true RJ story (he's not the central character), but I guess it could be considered an associational story.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   02-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Besides the two you mentioned, "Long Way Home" is not in any anthology but is available from Amazon as a PDF download for $0.49 (yes 49 cents).

"The Wringer" from the Night Screams anthology (1996) is the one that FPW is thinking of putting into one of the last 2 Jack books (which is why it doesn't appear on the Secret History list). That anthology can be had for as low as $1.00 on Abebooks.

That makes 4 RJ short stories.

There are also a number of Otherness related short stories that do not have Rasalom, Jack or Glaeken in them.

-Wapitikev

"The Long way Home" is in the horror anthology, "Dark at Heart", from Dark Harvest. Mine is signed and limited, but I thing they made a trade edition as well. Look on abebooks.com
Wapitikev   02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
t4terrific Wrote:"The Long way Home" is in the horror anthology, "Dark at Heart", from Dark Harvest. Mine is signed and limited, but I thing they made a trade edition as well. Look on abebooks.com
Err. Sorry about that statement. Yes "The Long Way Home" is in an anthology (the one you mentioned) as well as on a German Audio CD and a German story collection. FPW's bibliography doesn't list any trade edition for Dark At Heart.

It is currently only "in current publication" on Amazon for $0.49

Abebooks has copies of what looks like the Dark At Heart anthology (various authors) for as little as 6.94...although none of the entries for the book list FPW as a contributor...but the publisher and date (and title) are correct.

One of the sellers has a picture of the cover and it has FPW, so that must be it.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM by Wapitikev.

Wapitikev   02-15-2009, 02:46 PM
fpw Wrote:"A Day in the Life"
"Home Repairs"*
"The Long Way Home"
"The Last Rakosh"*
"The Wringer"
"Interlude at Duane's"
"Do-Gooder"
(*incorporated into novels)

Check the bibliography for publishing details.

Not in the biblio (which is current through the end of 2008) is "Recalled" in the Matheson tribute anthology just published by Gauntlet. It's not a true RJ story (he's not the central character), but I guess it could be considered an associational story.
By way of apology, my list was of the stories not worked into one of the books (yet)...but I did forget the one-page story "Do-gooder".

However, in my own defense, it is not listed on the Secret History list (any longer).

It appears to only have been published as a broadside by Lavendier Books in 2006 and you, yourself state that it is, "For completist nuts only." That pretty much describes me and a number of others that can be found here regularly.

As far as getting a copy, the e-bay link on the WORKS page is dead (and can be removed now). However, Abebooks has two copies available for $35.00 from a seller in Providence (up in HPL country).

Thanks, for the heads-up about He Is Legend, Paul. Now I am off to buy it instead of waiting for a used copy...should've just done that anyway (dur).

-Wapitikev

lexator222   02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, it appears that "Interlude at Duane's" appears in a book called "The deadly Bride" by Ed Gorman & Martin Greenberg, which could be just a reprinting of the "Night Screams" book that previously had that in it! Also, where can I locate a copy of "Do-gooder"? AND...what is "Home Repairs"? When I try to look it up, all I get is home improvement books! :-(
And, while I did manage to locate a 1st edition of "Artifact", I cannot find any listing for "Recalled", if you could also kindly tell me what that is!
many thanks,

Lexx
This post was last modified: 02-22-2009, 05:20 PM by lexator222.
Wapitikev   02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Well, it appears that "Interlude at Duane's" appears in a book called "The deadly Bride" by Ed Gorman & Martin Greenberg, which could be just a reprinting of the "Night Screams" book that previously had that in it! Also, where can I locate a copy of "Do-gooder"? AND...what is "Home Repairs"? When I try to look it up, all I get is home improvement books! :-(
And, while I did manage to locate a 1st edition of "Artifact", I cannot find any listing for "Recalled", if you could also kindly tell me what that is!
many thanks,

Lexx
Hey, Lex.

FPW's bibliography that many have mentioned, above, is located at this link. FPW himself says (at the top of the bibliography) that it is up to date as of January 2009.

"Interlude At Duane's" is listed as being published in both Deadly Bride (2006) and in Thriller (2006)...but it will be reprinted in FPW's short story collection Aftershock and others next month along with "Aryans and Absynth". I do NOT believe (and FPW's bibliogrpahy does not list) that "...Duane's" ever appeared in Night Screams (1996) so I wouldn't count on finding it there.

"Do-Gooder" was a 500 word story published only by Lavendier Books. It can, these days, only be found from independent/used sellers. E-bay currently has a copy for $35 and AbeBooks.com has two listed by the same seller for $35.

"Home Repairs" was a short story originally published in Cold Blood, a collection edited by Richard Chizmar in 1991. Abebooks has numerous copies, as does Amazon and likely e-bay as well. The story was incorporated into the Jack novel Conspiracies.

Recalled (it is NOT listed in the bibliography). The only place that I can find it listed is in the Richard Matheson tribute book He Is Legend, published by Gauntlet Press. This book is currently on-sale, new for $50 as a numbered but unsigned edition.

Can't help with Artifact since I do not collect outside the Ally-Adversary Cycle (yet).

You may click on any of the underlined text above to be taken directly to the links for those citations.

-Wapitikev
This post was last modified: 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM by Wapitikev.

Wapitikev   02-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Now Abebooks has only one copy of Do-Gooder left...I just bought the other one.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5