Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
t4terrific   02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
fpw Wrote:Since "Dat-Tay-Vao" is a prequel to the novel, it will be included in the new edition of The Touch coming in July. That will be the first time they've ever been together.

On the subject of shorter works, I've just approved the bound sample copy of "The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium." Should be available in a couple of weeks.

That's exciting news! I have the limited, but still want the sc. I may be forgetting, but have you shown us the cover art for the soft cover?
fpw   02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I may be forgetting, but have you shown us the cover art for the soft cover?

Don't think so. I'll put it up when it's ready to ship.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
fpw Wrote:Don't think so. I'll put it up when it's ready to ship.

Paul, why don't you write short fiction anymore? In the latest ASIMOVS, both Nancy Kress and Harry Turtledove have stories. And they're mighty novelists too.
fpw   02-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Paul, why don't you write short fiction anymore? In the latest ASIMOVS, both Nancy Kress and Harry Turtledove have stories. And they're mighty novelists too.
Doesn't interest much anymore. Can't say why. I'll do one now and again, I guess, but...meh.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
t4terrific   02-10-2009, 02:40 PM

I hope the cover is as good as the limited is. That, and the Freak Show Limited have excellent covers. The Freak Show soft cover, from Pocket, was very cool too.
Silverfish   02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
fpw Wrote:Purchase.

Yes! I can't wait.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
t4terrific   02-11-2009, 08:01 PM

The cover is on the Booksurge website (as well as Amazon).
http://www.booksurge.com/shared/viewProd...u9BAfL.jpg

It looks awesome! Amazon says it's ready to ship. I just ordered mine, along with Dark Territories (Free shipping for $25 orders).
This post was last modified: 02-11-2009, 08:16 PM by t4terrific.
t4terrific   02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Paul, why don't you write short fiction anymore? In the latest ASIMOVS, both Nancy Kress and Harry Turtledove have stories. And they're mighty novelists too.

I do like short fiction.
It makes life more difficult, for the collector in me. With FPW cutting back on his short fiction output, I'm able to focus more on getting caught up on all his older works.Wink
lexator222   02-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Doctor Wilson, I have been wondering, where, or how did you learn to write so well? The only other author that writes a book that you just cannot put down is J K Rowling! I love the works of Robert Parker, but I have to skip ahead on some chapters, he gets either redundant or wordy. And reading Stephen King I just have to speed read, and skip over alot of the descriptions of rooms, and objects! But with MS Rowling and your books, every word paints a wonderful picture and the people in the books are REAL people, almost like people that you know somewhere. I was just curious if you went to school or got some books on fiction writing. Lexx
fpw   02-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Completely self taught -- but I have ADD so I tend to cut out the dull parts.

FPW
FAQ
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5