Pages (2): 1 2   
swandy   02-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I have been a fan for many years and wish to re-read the Adversary Cycle prior to the "final" version of Nightworld being issued.
I read in the newsletter about the re-working of The Touch. How about recently issued versions of The Keep and The Tomb - were there significant changes in them also? How about the upcoming reprinting of Reborn and Reprisal?
Also, I have read previously that Nightworld will have significant revisions when it is re-released. I assume this will be around the time of the last (weeping) RJ novel? Will it's re-release be a paperback or hardcover?

I have not problems supporting one of my favorite authors by re-purchasing his books, but can someone comment on the changes?

Thanks
Steve
fpw   02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Nothing was changed in the storylines of the first 5 books of the Adversary Cycle. Prose was cleaned up, milieus and technologies were updated, but the stores remain as they were. No point in buying the reissues of those if you've read the older versions. Nightworld, however, is another story. Big changes there. Don't know whether it will be a hardcover or a paperback - won't be out till 2012.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
swandy   02-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the info (assuming I still have my old copies).
And that 2012 gives me plenty of time to re-read them.
Steve
bones weep tedium   02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I hope that at the end of Nightworld [SPOILER]Jack takes the sword and Glaeken gets some well deserved rest![/SPOILER]

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Biggles   02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
fpw Wrote:Nothing was changed in the storylines of the first 5 books of the Adversary Cycle. Prose was cleaned up, milieus and technologies were updated, but the stores remain as they were. No point in buying the reissues of those if you've read the older versions. Nightworld, however, is another story. Big changes there. Don't know whether it will be a hardcover or a paperback - won't be out till 2012.

Isn't 2012 the year the Mayan calendar ends? :eek:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Alvin Fox   02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Biggles Wrote:Isn't 2012 the year the Mayan calendar ends? :eek:

Yeah, but not until December 21st. So don't delay in picking up a copy and reading it as soon as it comes out. Wink
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Biggles Wrote:Isn't 2012 the year the Mayan calendar ends? :eek:

Like I said before, Biggles, you thought Y2K was needless hysteria, =wait= 'til 1/12 rolls around.
Pacal   02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
How about the Borderlands Press edition of Nightworld? That has the updates doesn't it?
Wapitikev   02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Like I said before, Biggles, you thought Y2K was needless hysteria, =wait= 'til 1/12 rolls around.
Wouldn't that be 12/23/2012?

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Wapitikev Wrote:Wouldn't that be 12/23/2012?

-Wapitikev

That's The End of the World:eek:, Wap. I wuz meanin' when the hysteria starts to kick in.
Pages (2): 1 2