Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
flyingfox   08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I watched the Expendables today, I thought it was very good. Even mum enjoyed it!! There was a connection between it and The Wild Geese, or a bit of action "copied" - any ideas what part? It made my skin crawl a bit, as it was a sad reminder. That might give the game away!
I actually had a tear in my eye, but that was mainly due to thinking about my late wife and when we were last at the cinema to see robin Hood. But also Sly wanting to save the girl, like I wanted to save mine, but he was more successful, mind you he had a gunBig Grin All in all, it was good entertainment.
The cinema was full of men, there were two girls / ladies*. Otherwise just men, and several of those were single.

I did not include mum in that statistic*!! But she not a lady, she my mum, the old dragonBig Grin
Kenji   10-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Today I saw The Expendables. This is one great action movie!

You know what? Rambo and Terminator and Die Hard guy were in one shot. I've never imagined this before! Big Grin
Alvin Fox   10-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Such cheesy funny. It's at the cheap ($2) theater now. I'm gonna go see it again. And Machete too. And maybe see Salt for the first time. A day of movies is in my future.
KRW   12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I watched this the other night. I don't think I've ever been more disappointedly happy before! How could I not get my expectations into the stratosphere with all the Hollywood star power poured into this film and all the hype that surrounded it? Before I watched it I thought it was gonna cure cancer and world hunger with a side effect of saving all the endangered species on the planet.

The movie didn't cure anything, but it was a great ride. Loved it!Cool
GeraldRice   01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I just saw this. Dolph Lundgren still has that weird no-accent accent. Terry Crewes stole the show for me. He didn't have enough scenes. I really believe if the right role drops into his lap he could get nominated for an Oscar. His acting ability is probably underrated because he's so ripped and huge. He's probably the best former pro athlete turned actor ever. Definitely top 5.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
jjmcculloch   01-13-2011, 04:13 PM
They start filming the sequel later this year. Most of the characters are back (well, the ones not killed off).
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I know he's just a bum from the neighborhood to film snobs, but I can't think of a Stallone movie I didn't enjoy. Well...maybe RHINESTONE.
The Mad American   01-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I know he's just a bum from the neighborhood to film snobs, but I can't think of a Stallone movie I didn't enjoy. Well...maybe RHINESTONE.

Stop or my Mom will shoot? Maybe...Any Rocky in between the original and the last one...Rambo 78 kind of sucked...What was the one about the arm wrestling truck driver, father with a heart of gold?...

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Kenji   01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Stop or my Mom will shoot? Maybe...Any Rocky in between the original and the last one...Rambo 78 kind of sucked...What was the one about the arm wrestling truck driver, father with a heart of gold?...

Over the top? Hmm...not bad. I liked the song by Kenny Loggins. Big Grin
The Mad American   01-14-2011, 12:47 AM
Kenji Wrote:Over the top? Hmm...not bad. I liked the song by Kenny Loggins. Big Grin

That's the one Kenji.Big Grin For some reason I couldn't remember the title of that one...maybe I blocked it out of my memory.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5