RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Expendables - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Expendables (/thread-3268.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Expendables - Alvin Fox - 01-24-2009

Has anyone heard of this? Written, directed and starring Sylvester Stallone. About a team of mercenaries sent to South America to overthrow a dictator.

Also starring Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Forest Whitaker. I have high hopes for this movie. So far there's only this picture. Filming starts next month and it's scheduled to come out in 2010.

The Expendables - colburn0004 - 01-25-2009

I think it will be a great movie it would almost have to be with all those action stars on one movie, but then again it could be a let down but my hopes are high.

The Expendables - Wapitikev - 01-25-2009

AlvinFox Wrote:Has anyone heard of this? Written, directed and starring Sylvester Stallone. About a team of mercenaries sent to South America to overthrow a dictator.

Also starring Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Forest Whitaker. I have high hopes for this movie. So far there's only this picture. Filming starts next month and it's scheduled to come out in 2010.
...and Sandra Bullock? WTF!?

As long as it is better than Judge Dread, I'll go see all these (aging) action stars kick-hell out of each other. It'll give me something to do until Repairman Jack 1 comes out.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

The Expendables - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-25-2009

AlvinFox Wrote:Has anyone heard of this? Written, directed and starring Sylvester Stallone. About a team of mercenaries sent to South America to overthrow a dictator.

I hadn't heard about it, but it sounds promising. And it =can't= be worse than the last RAMBO.

The Expendables - colburn0004 - 01-25-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I hadn't heard about it, but it sounds promising. And it =can't= be worse than the last RAMBO.

I sort of enjoyed the last Rambo, but only for a good laugh. Big Grin Through the whole movie I couldnt help laughing at how over the top it was.

colburn0004 Wrote:I sort of enjoyed the last Rambo, but only for a good laugh. Big Grin Through the whole movie I couldnt help laughing at how over the top it was.
I think Stallone might have had a powerful, moving film there, but the =relentless= gore... "Over the top" is the right term. The sound, too. I don't know about your theater, but where I saw it, the volume was just punishing. I'm 55, but my ears are still good. I wanna keep them that way!

The Expendables - Wapitikev - 01-25-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I hadn't heard about it, but it sounds promising. And it =can't= be worse than the last RAMBO.

!!!BLASPHEMER!!!
I enjoyed the last Rambo movie...it didn't try to sugar-coat or down-play things that were (supposedly) taking place in Burma (machine gunning of village, etc.) only recently (and maybe still are).

If I want to avoid gore I can always go see a Bruce Willis movie.

But, if I'm gonna see a war movie, blue rare is fine with me.

-Wapitikev

The Expendables - cobalt - 01-25-2009

Deep breath Wap. Heh....Big Grin

I liked the last Rambo movie as well.

cobalt79 Wrote:Deep breath Wap. Heh....Big Grin

I liked the last Rambo movie as well.

Guess Ah's jes' too sensitive and sweet a soul...

But seriously, for that kind of flick, turn down the gratuitous gore and turn up the writing and acting. That's my preference for an action movie. Maybe it's harder than it seems...:dontknow:

The Expendables - Brian - 01-25-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Guess Ah's jes' too sensitive and sweet a soul...

But seriously, for that kind of flick, turn down the gratuitous gore and turn up the writing and acting. That's my preference for an action movie. Maybe it's harder than it seems...:dontknow:

Rambo is all about the blood, gore, guns and glory. I like it that way.