Pages (2): 1 2   
Jeeperdad   01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I really enjoyed the last two repairman jack books twice after listening to the audiobook after I read the hard cover copy.

Any chance of us seeing the past books (which I have them all and already read) in audiobook cd or Mp3 format as well? I would like to enjoy them all over again this way. Smile
fpw   01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Jeeperdad Wrote:I really enjoyed the last two repairman jack books twice after listening to the audiobook after I read the hard cover copy.

Any chance of us seeing the past books (which I have them all and already read) in audiobook cd or Mp3 format as well? I would like to enjoy them all over again this way. Smile

If the movie ever gets made, I'm sure they'll all be in audio. But without that to bring new readers to the backlist, not likely. Folks who've already read the books are unlikely to buy those same titles in audio.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
kittywings   11-26-2009, 04:47 AM
OK, I know this is an older thread, but these are the only audiobooks that I have been able to find, am I missing any?

The Keep
The Tomb
Bloodline
By the Sword

It's driving me nuts because I really want to read the rest of the books, but I never have the time to sit down and actually READ. With the audiobooks, I can clean my house, etc..... Not to mention they keep me company on my 45 min commute each way.

I hope the movie gets made soon!!!
kittywings   11-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the info!

I'm trying to figure out how to download it... (i.e. I don't have time this second).

Does anyone know if there's an audiobook for Ground Zero?
kittywings   01-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Nobody?!?

I never have time anymore to sit down and read, and I'm dying to read Ground Zero. Sad
Yeratel   01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
kittywings Wrote:Nobody?!?

I never have time anymore to sit down and read, and I'm dying to read Ground Zero. Sad
I don't think it's made it to audio yet, at least Amazon doesn't show anything but hardcover and Kindle editions, so far.
GeraldRice   01-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd recommend checking your library. Mine doesn't have anything but hardcover, but a lot of times if there's an audio version available you can get it from them. If they don't, check to see if the library has an inter-library lending system.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
kittywings   01-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I've been looking online, etc. but no luck... I just didn't know if anyone here had any info about if a recording was in the works or not. They've done the last few, so you'd THINK they would, I just wouldn't think it would take this long after the book came out. To me, it always seems like they release at the same time.

I'm dyin' here!

If one DOES come out soon, I hope Dick Hill is the narrator... he's my favorite!
Capo Del Bandito   02-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Google turns up nothing for me, but I'd love to get a copy if they are made.

Personally I listen to the audiobooks after I've read the book. I prefer to listen and lightly be able to focus while working out and music only does so much.

"No, you were right the first time: I am insane. But I'll take insane and knowing the truth over sanity and self delusion any day"

"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation"
IanSF   02-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm a fan of audiobooks, too. I also prefer to listen to them after reading the book first. It's too easy to get distracted when hearing them for the first time, but when you know the story already you can take a break without losing track.

audible.com lists 4 FPW titles: The Tomb, Bloodline, By The Sword, and Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong.
Their UK arm, audible.co.uk, only lists the Repairman Jack titles, which is a shame as I'd love to hear our favourite author read his own work.

As for the other RJ titles, I wonder why they haven't all been recorded? (Preferably by the same narrator. I noticed that Tomb is by Joe Barrett and the other two by Dick Hill.)
Pages (2): 1 2