Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Lysistrata   01-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Kenji Wrote:I'm hereeeeeeeeeeee! Confusedmilewinkgrin:

Sayonara and domo arigato for your presence, Kenji San Big Grin

Now, pretty pretty pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaaase, what is your opinion on the possibly Japanese elements on the cover?

• could the shadow on the bottom left side be that of a samurai helmet, maybe with armored shoulders?
  • could the red shape on the left tower be a woman with a sun-umbrella?
  • could any of the shapes be a symbol of the Kaze Corporation?
please please please Kenji...

Trying to be nice
Kenji   01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Lysistrata Wrote:Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the fly agaric now looks more like a woman holding a paper sun-umbrella (or whatever the name is - Kenji?). Very Japanese.

Japan connections... hmm...

That's "Kabuto". Check this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabuto
Lysistrata   01-06-2009, 08:39 AM
The "horns" on the helmet look like a cow's horns - the god of longevity as per your link. The samurai could be another long-lived champion?

Trying to be nice
Kenji   01-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Lysistrata Wrote:The "horns" on the helmet look like a cow's horns - the god of longevity as per your link. The samurai could be another long-lived champion?

I dunno about "long-lived champion", but those "horns" are not cow's. That name is "kuwagata". Kuwagata is a sort of Beetles. Stag beetle.
Lysistrata   01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Kenji Wrote:I dunno about "long-lived champion", but those "horns" are not cow's. That name is "kuwagata". Kuwagata is a sort of Beetles. Stag beetle.

something like this one? it becomes more and more frustrating...

[Image: Hirschk%C3%A4fer%C3%9Cbach.jpg]

Trying to be nice
Kenji   01-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Lysistrata Wrote:something like this one? it becomes more and more frustrating...

Frustrating? Sorry, but it's true.

From wikipedia.

Kabuto are often adorned with "Maedate" (Front Crests,) "Wakidate" (Side Crests) or "Ushirodate" (Rear Crests.) These can be family or clan emblems, or flat or sculptural objects representing animals, mythical entities, prayers or other symbols. Horns are particularly common, and many helmets sort "Kuwagata", or stylized deer horns, as seen in the attached illustration (in this illustration, the Kuwagata have been mistakenly transposed L-R).
Lysistrata   01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Kenji Wrote:Frustrating? Sorry, but it's true.

From wikipedia.

Kabuto are often adorned with "Maedate" (Front Crests,) "Wakidate" (Side Crests) or "Ushirodate" (Rear Crests.) These can be family or clan emblems, or flat or sculptural objects representing animals, mythical entities, prayers or other symbols. Horns are particularly common, and many helmets sort "Kuwagata", or stylized deer horns, as seen in the attached illustration (in this illustration, the Kuwagata have been mistakenly transposed L-R).

I certainly don't doubt your expertise,Kenji... I am frustrated because I cannot wait for Ground Zero and yet I must. And probably burglarizing Gauntlet to get a copy is not an option.

Trying to be nice
Kenji   01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Lysistrata Wrote:I certainly don't doubt your expertise,Kenji... I am frustrated because I cannot wait for Ground Zero and yet I must. And probably burglarizing Gauntlet to get a copy is not an option.

lol Okay, I got it. Big Grin

I also can't wait for Ground Zero. Because I can't expect Japanese edition any more.
Lysistrata   01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Kenji Wrote:lol Okay, I got it. Big Grin

I also can't wait for Ground Zero. Because I can't expect Japanese edition any more.

Reading in English is a bit trying at the beginning, but also is a fantastic way to improve one's English while enjoying oneself :p. And Internet and RJ forums are always here to clarify some "American references" to Tawana Brawley or TV shows.

Trying to be nice
Sigokat   01-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Nice looking cover art for sure. I should really get caught up on my RJ series...I'm only at Infernal.
This post was last modified: 01-07-2009, 09:56 AM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6