Pages (14):    1 6 7 8 9 10 14   
cobalt   06-03-2011, 10:03 AM
DaveStrorm Wrote:That's what makes the world go 'round. Big Grin As much as I love the Necroscope series, my favorites are the Crow short stories (The Compleat Crow) and the first 2 novels (Burrowers & Transition). Within the Necroscope series, I'd have to say The Necroscope and the Vampire World trilogy are my favorites.

I loved all of the tales of Starside. My least favorite character...Nester....I hated him from the get go.

EWMAN
Scott Miller   06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm happy to say that I can now say I've read and loved something by Stephen King. I have always had great respect for him and what he has done to popularize horror but have never really liked him as an author until now. I blitzed through the first trade of American Vampire which he co-authored with Scott Snyder, art by Rafael Albuquerque and it kicks major ass. It is sort of a western with a vampire twist.

I would provide a link but this computer has no toolbar but it can easily be found on the Vertigo webpage or typing American Vampire into the search engine of your choice.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
webby   06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:... or typing American Vampire into the search engine of your choice.

Confusedmilewinkgrin:

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scott Miller   06-03-2011, 04:45 PM
webby Wrote:Confusedmilewinkgrin:

I thought you might like that phrasing.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
DaveStrorm   06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I loved all of the tales of Starside. My least favorite character...Nester....I hated him from the get go.

Yeah I dug the whole Vampire World concept. My favorite character was The Dweller. My favorite Vamphyri was probably Wratha. But I don't think The Dweller got enough coverage. :p
Gypsy   06-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Got to say I'm loving this board already. Does anyone else get funny looks or remarks because of the cover of the book you are reading? Its so nice to be able to talk horror and know someone else "gets it!"
Libby   06-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Gypsy Wrote:Got to say I'm loving this board already. Does anyone else get funny looks or remarks because of the cover of the book you are reading? Its so nice to be able to talk horror and know someone else "gets it!"
I do! All the time! I'm glad you like the board so far...Smile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
wdg3rd   06-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Gypsy Wrote:Got to say I'm loving this board already. Does anyone else get funny looks or remarks because of the cover of the book you are reading? Its so nice to be able to talk horror and know someone else "gets it!"

When it comes to "funny looks", the record would probably be many years ago when I was reading Atlas Shrugged for the first time. 1168 pages of unillustrated hardcover in the hands of an 8th-grader.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Sigokat   06-03-2011, 11:59 PM

usually when I read The Kama Sutra at the public park. Don't know why though :dontknow:

KIDDING!!!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
wdg3rd   06-04-2011, 12:43 AM
sigokat Wrote:usually when I read The Kama Sutra at the public park. Don't know why though :dontknow:

KIDDING!!!

As long as you're not demonstrating it, what's the problem?

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Pages (14):    1 6 7 8 9 10 14