Pages (2):    1 2
Ken Valentine   12-18-2008, 09:59 PM
I have the original movie in VHS. In honor of the remake -- judging by what y'all say about it -- I'll buy the original in DVD.

Ken V.
Kenji   12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I have the original movie in VHS. In honor of the remake -- judging by what y'all say about it -- I'll buy the original in DVD.

Ken V.

You should buy DVD. VHS is over. Smile
GeraldRice   12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:I'm thinking that I'll just get it from Netflix. Fortunately I don't think the boyfriend has any interest in this movie - he's far more interested in seeing Eastwood's latest flick, I think. If he really wants to see this movie, though, I'll tell him that I'll sputter about the bad writing during the movie. That will get him to change his mind.

I'm going to see Eastwood's movie solely because it was filmed in Michigan.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
NewYorkjoe   12-19-2008, 01:15 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Oh Cobalt...save your money. I would have rather eaten broken glass that to have sat thorugh this movie. It is bad.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

(Gort, Klaatu says don't disintegrate me!)

Keaanu Reeves is one of two actors I cannot understand how they ever got a career in Hollywood.

Bad movies can be a hoot, sometimes (e.g., Plan 9 from Outer Space). However, I don't believe this will be the case with this one. Tony, I had planned on avoiding this film, but thanks to you, I'm absolutely certain to keep from wasting two hours of my remaining lifetime.

Youse is a prince, ya know?

NYj

Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late; And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods,"
"Well, John Henry said to the Cap'n, "A man ain't nuthin' but a man. But, before I let that steam drill beat me, gonna die with my hammer in my hand, Lawd, Lawd, gonna die with my hammer in my hand."
RichE   12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Boy! A vast well of endless shortstories/novels and the coke yesmen at Hollywood still have nothing to do but remake movies. It's like I said to my wife about the new "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-they had the means to film the original novel as written, very visual it is as written, but Stevie pussed out to remake the 53 classic-a much better film too and Tom Cruise is no Gene Barry (I don't even want to think about his newest!).
I'll tale the original version (the scene with Michael Rennie and Billy Grey at the Lincoln Memorial is as strong today as when first shown in 51!).
Legion   12-19-2008, 04:07 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Oh Cobalt...save your money. I would have rather eaten broken glass that to have sat thorugh this movie. It is bad.

If you must watch it do what I did. watch-movies.net

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
johntfs   12-19-2008, 06:21 PM
RichE Wrote:Boy! A vast well of endless shortstories/novels and the coke yesmen at Hollywood still have nothing to do but remake movies. It's like I said to my wife about the new "WAR OF THE WORLDS"-they had the means to film the original novel as written, very visual it is as written, but Stevie pussed out to remake the 53 classic-a much better film too and Tom Cruise is no Gene Barry (I don't even want to think about his newest!).
I'll tale the original version (the scene with Michael Rennie and Billy Grey at the Lincoln Memorial is as strong today as when first shown in 51!).

It looks like somebody made a film version of the original novel here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/
colburn0004   12-21-2008, 04:14 AM
I just finished it and I got pretty bored of it. I was watching it online and got about a half hour through it and got side tracked. After going back and finishing I wished I didn't go back. It just wasnt entertaining at all(isnt that was movies are for?) It just seemed completely pointless and was very boring. A few months ago I would have told you i was looking forward to this movie, then it got closer and early buzz was saying it was bad so I saved my monie and watched online and now I wished I didn't even do that.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Terry Willacker   12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
I saw it Sunday. Going in with painful memories of the War of the Worlds remake and, therefore, low expectations, I found that I liked it. I think it is worth seeing. Yes, Reeves was appropriately emotionless, but that was not a problem. I thought using Will Smith's son as the little boy was a nice touch. (Welcome to Earth)
Pages (2):    1 2