Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Maggers   04-09-2009, 01:36 PM
These are a couple of shots of the Sydney Opera House I took from the harbor in a water taxi, which was a very cool ride in a nifty little taxicab yellow speed boat.
Attached Files
.jpg
100_0187.JPG (Size: 51.43 KB Downloads: 54)
.jpg
100_0191.JPG (Size: 69.12 KB Downloads: 52)

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
The Blue Mountains remind me of places in western Colorado and central Utah ( which is a sort of long hand way of saying that they're BEAUTIFUL!)

And isn't Liam the handsome fella!

(Of course you're looking pretty good too.)

Ken V.
Maggers   04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:The Blue Mountains remind me of places in western Colorado and central Utah ( which is a sort of long hand way of saying that they're BEAUTIFUL!)

And isn't Liam the handsome fella!

(Of course you're looking pretty good too.)

Ken V.

Aww, shucks, Ken, thanks.

The Blue Mountains reminded me of a green version of Navajoland and the great Southwest Indian territories with those majestic buttes and such. The land is uplifted in much the same fashion.

I loved it and want to go back as soon as I can.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Maggers Wrote:I did try it and wasn't thrilled with it. It's a paste they use as a sandwich spread or a spread for crackers. It's a yeast concoction that is very salty. It tasted to me like thickened soy sauce.

Liam loves it, as do all Australians, it seems. His neighbor, Bob, who lived in the US for several years, actually created Vegemite from scratch while in the US because he missed it so much. Vegemite = home to Australians.

I believe there's a little grocery store here in Manhattan that caters to the British and Australian expat communities, where Vegemite can be found.

Beautiful photos, Maggers. And you and Liam are a mighty handsome couple.
This post was last modified: 04-12-2009, 07:37 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4