AUSTIN FAST ELK   11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I may have asked this before but I'm asking again. What's up with characters from Michigan? Darryl is the third from Dearborn. And of course everybody knows Toronto is in Michigan. HA-HA. I think it's sorta cool since Deaborn is my hometown. Just wondering if FPW diggs MI. or am I notcing it more because I live in the metro area?
fpw   11-23-2008, 03:44 PM
AUSTIN FAST ELK Wrote:I may have asked this before but I'm asking again. What's up with characters from Michigan? Darryl is the third from Dearborn.

[SIZE="3"]Really? I had no idea. Who are the others?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Libby   11-23-2008, 04:30 PM
fpw Wrote:Really? I had no idea. Who are the others?

Weren't the Kenton Brothers from Michigin?

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
AUSTIN FAST ELK   11-23-2008, 05:13 PM
The Kenton brothers were from Dearborn/Detroit.
The Guy who mugged Kolabati was from Michigan. I can't remember which city. Detroit,Flint,Saginaw and Grand Rapids have all been mentioned in other RJ books. This gives me a reason to do some rereads. I'll post again with more specifics.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
AUSTIN FAST ELK Wrote:The Kenton brothers were from Dearborn/Detroit.
The Guy who mugged Kolabati was from Michigan. I can't remember which city. Detroit,Flint,Saginaw and Grand Rapids have all been mentioned in other RJ books. This gives me a reason to do some rereads. I'll post again with more specifics.

Good eye, Austin!
fpw   11-23-2008, 10:44 PM
[SIZE="3"]I had no idea. Where's that compendium?[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
GeraldRice   11-24-2008, 10:34 AM
It's the Uniroyal Tire on I-94. The thing is a huge Otherness beacon. I just know it.

[Image: 7984281.jpg]

Good to see someone else from MI on here. Mebbe now we can get FPW to come here for a signing. The Borders in Birmingham is great.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com