Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Flinx   11-18-2008, 07:38 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:Ok, Also as a bookseller (6+ years), Here's my 2 cents, I like the cover, I like how it has the same look as the current RJ mass markets. And it should. But if it's not too late,

[SIZE="5"]Remove BOOK III OF THE ADVERSARY CYCLE[/SIZE]

The book was written as a standalone and will work as an introduction to the cycle for new readers. Replace it w/ "An Adversary Cycle Book" instead. Then include a short afterward about how the book was updated to fit into the RJ world and what the AC is. But having book 3 on the cover only works if all 6 books are re-released at the same time to match, and even then if a potential buyer picks it up and sees it's book 3 they most likely will put it down and try to find book 1. A new reader can start w/ this book and hit the ground running but if they see it's book 3 and put it back, they might get sidetracked by the newest Patterson and never get back to it. Trust me I've seen it happen.

If it's not too late consider it, you will sell more copies. It's really hard to handsell a "Book 3" even when you tell the customer it's ok to start here it doesn't always work. The RJ books aren't numbered and I've been able to sell The Tomb, Legacies, or Conspiracies to new readers depending on what I've had in stock. But if I had to wait until I had the Tomb in stock to sell the first RJ book because they were numbered and then the customer reads Book II of the Adversary Cycle on it...."uh, is this book 1 or book 2". So essentially just put "An Adversary Cycle Book" on each one without a number and it'll work better. On Nightworld you can add Final, or whatever.
When I saw the cover, my first thoughts were also about the Book III of the Adversary Cycle.
ImDeranged has expressed it a lot better than I could.
As a book buyer (25+ years), it would put me off buying it if the earlier titles weren't available with matching covers.
By the way, when is it being released?
fpw   11-18-2008, 10:05 AM
ImDeranged Wrote:[SIZE="5"]Remove BOOK III OF THE ADVERSARY CYCLE[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]That was my sense as soon as I saw it. I've already mentioned it to my editor.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   11-18-2008, 10:56 AM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Here's the cover for the new trade paperback edition of The Touch. Obviously they're tying the Adversary series (and rightly so) to the RJ series.[/SIZE]

That's fantastic cover, Paul! I love it! Cool
Ghost65   11-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Great cover.
This book is a fav of mine.
Tony H   11-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Ghost65 Wrote:Great cover.

Welcome to the board Ghost!!!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
lillid405   11-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Im Deranged makes complete sense. I have not read any of the Adversary Cycle books yet and as a random buyer I would probably look for "the Book One" in the series. Good Luck Dr. W!
Libby   11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Ghost65 Wrote:Great cover.

Welcome!!!SmileSmileSmile

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Legion   11-18-2008, 11:12 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Here's the cover for the new trade paperback edition of The Touch. Obviously they're tying the Adversary series (and rightly so) to the RJ series.[/SIZE]

A question.You said TRADE paperback, but this is the style of the RJ Mass Markets. Does this give us hope that they may someday do a run of the RJ books in TRADE form???

Pretty Please With Sugar on Top?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
fpw   11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Legion Wrote:A question.You said TRADE paperback, but this is the style of the RJ Mass Markets. Does this give us hope that they may someday do a run of the RJ books in TRADE form???

Pretty Please With Sugar on Top?

[SIZE="3"]I don't know. 'Twould be nice, though. First, I want t get them all in print again, in any reasonably price format.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Legion   11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I don't know. 'Twould be nice, though. First, I want t get them all in print again, in any reasonably price format.[/SIZE]

Amen to the part about price. I had to take a out a second mortgage just to get Nightworld, and its not even my house.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Pages (3):    1 2 3