Pages (2):    1 2
Wapitikev   11-14-2008, 01:19 AM
bones weep tedium Wrote:I much prefer Ben Affleck on that side of trhe camera lens! Big Grin

That's essentially what I said a few months ago...if memory serves, I thanked him for quitting his day job.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
law dawg   11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:That's essentially what I said a few months ago...if memory serves, I thanked him for quitting his day job.

-Wapitikev

I don't know. He did well in Hollywoodland and had a good turn in Smokin Aces.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Wapitikev   11-14-2008, 02:00 AM
law dawg Wrote:I don't know. He did well in Hollywoodland and had a good turn in Smokin Aces.

I've never been a huge Ben hater. I liked him in a number of acting roles in addition to the ones you mentioned...I just feel that he's wasting his talent by sticking exclusively to acting, instead of directing and writing more.

For example, he (and Aaron Stockard who has written exactly 0 other screenplays) wrote the screenplay for GBG, in addition to directing.

So his work on Good Will Hunting was perhaps not a fluke after all?

...and he hasn't quit his day job...he's in three movies slated for 2009 release.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
JohnDRobinson   11-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Certainly a great little flick. Enjoyed most of it. The bar scene is most assuredly the best one out there. That and the house raid in the middle. Good stuff.
Wapitikev   11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
JohnDRobinson Wrote:Certainly a great little flick. Enjoyed most of it. The bar scene is most assuredly the best one out there. That and the house raid in the middle. Good stuff.

Welcome, John. You'll like it here.

-Wapitikev

jacobm   11-26-2008, 02:41 PM
i loved this movie, and i agree that Ben Affleck did a great job directing it. i also feellike Casey Affleck is coming into his own as an actor, although both were terrific in Good Will Hunting.
Pages (2):    1 2