Silverfish   11-08-2008, 01:48 PM
***SPOILERS*** Black Wind, Jack: Secret Histories, By The Sword.
You've been warned.

Hi everyone,

So I'm working on my Wiki a bit today, and I'm trying to figure something out. This passage about Prof. Nakamura, the Anthropology guy at U of P that Mr. Rosen tells Jack and Weezy to talk to about the pyramid, is ringing some bells at the back of my head.

"His grandfather ran a laundry in San Fransisco but was driven out in the twenties by the Jap haters...and fled back to Japan. Now his grandson has returned as an Ivy League professor. For all we know, he might be teaching the great-grandchildren of the bigots who drove his ancestors out."

Do we know Prof. Nakamura's first name?
Is his grandfather a character in Black Wind?
Is his grandson one of the characters in BTS ( in the Company or something)? (I don't own a copy so I can't check.)
What is the significance of Carnival Glass? Is it related to a precurssor of the Peabody-Ozymandias traveling circus? (Iridescent)

Also, what is Jack's mom's name? I don't think it's ever mentioned, is it?
Does Mr. Rosen have a first name that we are aware of?
Does Mr. Courtland (YA Jack mows his lawn) have a first name that we are aware of?

I'm sure I have other questions too. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Stephanie
This post was last modified: 11-08-2008, 02:52 PM by Silverfish.

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
fpw   11-09-2008, 11:09 AM
***SPOILERS*** Black Wind, Jack: Secret Histories, By The Sword.
You've been warned.

"His grandfather ran a laundry in San Fransisco but was driven out in the twenties by the Jap haters...and fled back to Japan. Now his grandson has returned as an Ivy League professor. For all we know, he might be teaching the great-grandchildren of the bigots who drove his ancestors out."

Do we know Prof. Nakamura's first name? I don't think so. Kids tend not to hear or be interested in first names of adults.
Is his grandfather a character in Black Wind? His laundry is mentioned..
Is his grandson one of the characters in BTS ( in the Company or something)? (I don't own a copy so I can't check.) Not that I remember.
What is the significance of Carnival Glass? Is it related to a precurssor of the Peabody-Ozymandias traveling circus? (Iridescent) None. I chose it because it's kinda kitschy and so very unJapanese.

Also, what is Jack's mom's name? I don't think it's ever mentioned, is it? Jane
Does Mr. Rosen have a first name that we are aware of? No.
Does Mr. Courtland (YA Jack mows his lawn) have a first name that we are aware of? No

[SIZE="3"]Hope this helps.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Libby   11-09-2008, 06:57 PM
fpw Wrote:I don't think so. Kids tend not to hear or be interested in first names of adults.

Ahem.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Silverfish   11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
fpw Wrote:Is his grandfather a character in Black Wind? His laundry is mentioned..

Ok, so it's true. I'm not crazy. Smile That's good to know that I did pick up on this instead of imagining it all. Seems my brain is working. That's always a good thing.

Quote:What is the significance of Carnival Glass? Is it related to a precurssor of the Peabody-Ozymandias traveling circus? (Iridescent) None. I chose it because it's kinda kitschy and so very unJapanese.

Oh man, was I ever out to left field with that one. It seemed strange in a maybe-that's-a-coincidence kind of a way. Never hurts to ask.

Quote:Also, what is Jack's mom's name? I don't think it's ever mentioned, is it? Jane

In what book do we find this out? I can't remember having seen this before.

Quote:
Hope this helps.

Absolutely! Thanks! You're the best.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"