Pages (2): 1 2   
Cliche   10-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Demonsong. Aryans and Absinthe. Faces. The Long Way Home. Interlude at Duanes's. Where do these come from in the works of F.Paul Wilson? While Demonsong sounds familiar, the rest don't. I've read Freak Show, how different is Peabody - Ozymandius?
Wapitikev   10-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Cliche Wrote:Demonsong. Aryans and Absinthe. Faces. The Long Way Home. Interlude at Duanes's. Where do these come from in the works of F.Paul Wilson? While Demonsong sounds familiar, the rest don't. I've read Freak Show, how different is Peabody - Ozymandius?

Welcome, Cliche! You'll like it here.

Those stories are from various short story collections (one of Pauls and the rest from various anthologies with other authors). All are great additions to the Adversary/Jack cycle.

If you want to know where they are published, check out the Novels Section of Works at the end of the Repairman Jack section for short stories about him.

The Adversary Cycle stories are a bit tougher to track down. I recommend Google (seach Wilson and the short story name).

Sorry, haven't read P-Oz so I can't help you there.

Cheers,

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
fpw   10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Cliche Wrote:Demonsong. Aryans and Absinthe. Faces. The Long Way Home. Interlude at Duanes's. Where do these come from in the works of F.Paul Wilson? While Demonsong sounds familiar, the rest don't. I've read Freak Show, how different is Peabody - Ozymandius?
[SIZE="3"]
"Aryans and Absinthe" and "Interlude at Duane's" will appear in Aftershock & Others coming in March.

"Faces" is in The Barrens & Others.

"The Long Way Home" can be downloaded from Amazon Shorts.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
rjack_fan   10-29-2008, 09:26 AM
If you are looking for things, the bibliography posted on the site is also very helpful. It's in the "Works" menu on the main page. It will tell you what books things are in, then you can search online for them.

There is also a lot of information on the different books and story lines in that section as well as the FAQs.

Welcome!
Fenian1916   10-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Interlude at Duanes is my favorite. I think it was brilliant and it's just stuck with me. Especially leaving flowers for Kong that is just cool as hell.

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
cobalt   10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:Interlude at Duanes is my favorite. I think it was brilliant and it's just stuck with me. Especially leaving flowers for Kong that is just cool as hell.

Or just how many weapons Jack could make from common items....that was good.

EWMAN
fpw   10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
[SIZE="3"]Forgot to mention that I'm working on making available a reasonably-priced edition of The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium. [/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
palsunstar   10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Uh hum...clearing throat...YAYYYYY!

~Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Silverfish   10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
fpw Wrote:Forgot to mention that I'm working on making available a reasonably-priced edition of The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium.

Oh! Thank you.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Wapitikev   10-31-2008, 12:32 AM
fpw Wrote:Forgot to mention that I'm working on making available a reasonably-priced edition of The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium.

Mark me down for one copy!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Pages (2): 1 2