Pages (3):    1 2 3
t4terrific   01-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Kenji Wrote:By the way, how about "The Changeling"? Has anyone seen it?

The Changeling is very good for the type of story it is. My fiancee loved it. I think it is a film women are more apt to relate to. I thought it was good, but I wouldn't have watched it, if not for Eastwood directing it. That said, I still liked it and was entertained.
Kenji   02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
t4terrific Wrote:The Changeling is very good for the type of story it is. My fiancee loved it. I think it is a film women are more apt to relate to. I thought it was good, but I wouldn't have watched it, if not for Eastwood directing it. That said, I still liked it and was entertained.

Yes it is! Today I saw "Changeling". I liked it. "Mystic River" is about men's story, and "Changeling" is about women's story. But definitely both movies are Eastwood's films.

Can't wait for Gran Torino!
RichE   02-21-2009, 11:31 AM
What can you all say about an OK Joe who still laughs and said he still enjoys the movie "REVENGE OF THE CREATURE" as the lab tech or the jet pilot who burns up the giant spider in "TARANTULA" (he said too he wouldn't mind doing a cameo in the "CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON" remake/sequel!).
Kenji   04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Today finally I saw GRAN TORINO in a theatre. I have to say "This is one of his best films ever". What a terrific film!

Clearly, this film is Present-day western rather than crime drama. Some scenes reminded me of Pale Rider and Unforgiven.

And I was surprised [spoiler]Eastwood didn't kill anybody. That last showdown's scene made me cry.[/spoiler]
t4terrific   04-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today finally I saw GRAN TORINO in a theatre. I have to say "This is one of his best films ever". What a terrific film!

Clearly, this film is Present-day western rather than crime drama. Some scenes reminded me of Pale Rider and Unforgiven.

And I was surprised [spoiler]Eastwood didn't kill anybody. That last showdown's scene made me cry.[/spoiler]

After Unforgiven, I'd say it's his best (as actor/director). I really got into the characters in Gran Torino. Eastwood's character was terrific!

The end was both pleasing, and a shame at the same time. I expected something more cliche (and far less realistic). Eastwood delivered something I never expected.
Kenji   04-25-2009, 08:20 PM
t4terrific Wrote:The end was both pleasing, and a shame at the same time. I expected something more cliche (and far less realistic). Eastwood delivered something I never expected.

* * * * * Major spoiers alert! * * * * *

[SIZE=2]I think Walt's last act was reasonable and made a sense. Walt was soldier for Korean war, and he killed many people. [spoiler]He knew about "Life and Death". So he didn't wanna kill people any more. If it was usual Eastwood's action movie, he would shoot bastards. But he didn't. He only pulled a cigarette lighter from inner pocket. I've never seen such a way of death in any movies. I cried at that scene.[/spoiler]

That's why I like Clint Eastwood. He always give emotional stories to us. [/SIZE]
t4terrific   04-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Kenji Wrote:
* * * * * Major spoiers alert! * * * * *

[SIZE=2]I think Walt's last act was reasonable and made a sense. Walt was soldier for Korean war, and he killed many people. [spoiler]He knew about "Life and Death". So he didn't wanna kill people any more. If it was usual Eastwood's action movie, he would shoot bastards. But he didn't. He only pulled a cigarette lighter from inner pocket. I've never seen such a way of death in any movies. I cried at that scene.[/spoiler]

That's why I like Clint Eastwood. He always give emotional stories to us. [/SIZE]

It was a shame to see what happened to Walt. I liked him. He reminded me of several people I've known over the years. The end was sad, touching, and surprising. It actually could have worked.

The Dirty Harry type ending, which I expected, would have been so unrealistic. We've gotten it from Eastwood so often that it always expected. He walks in, kills everybody, says something cool, and leaves. That didn't happen.

I guess I'm torn on the ending. I wanted to see Eastwood walk away one more time. The way he did do it was a surprise, but made more sense. It was sad.
Kenji   02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Clint Eastwood did it again! :thumbsup:

INVICTUS

So far this is the best film in 2010. Morgan Freeman played a remarkable Nelson Mandela. His performance was perfect. He exactly looked like Nelson Mandela himself!

This movie is a dramatic history lesson about leadership and the forgiveness. And this is sports movie about rugby. "The Springboks" is underdog team. But they must win the big game. For South Africa. At the last game, S. Africa vs. New Zealand was powerful and I already knew S. Africa win, but I was too excited!

Invictus, it's unconquerable soul. Also it's Clint Eastwood's soul. His all movies have an invictus.
Pages (3):    1 2 3