Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Wapitikev   01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Just saw Gran Torino.

I'll be going to see it, again, on the weekend.

Definitely worth the price of admission.

-Wapitilev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Kenji   01-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Just saw Gran Torino.

-Wapitilev

Oh! I envy you, Wapitikev! I want to see Gran Torino A.S.A.P. Smile
t4terrific   01-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Just saw Gran Torino.

-Wapitilev
Can you tell a little about it without spoilers?
Wapitikev   01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
t4terrific Wrote:Can you tell a little about it without spoilers?
This shouldn't spoil anything as long as you've seen the trailer.

Walt Kowalski is a recently widowed, retired Ford plant worker and Korean Wart vet.

Alone in his house we see that he is estranged from (and disaproving of) his kids and their families.

In fact, Walt dislikes almost everything except beer and his dog.

Basically the movie goes from there and is a 50/50 mix of grumpy old men and Harry Callaghan. There is no car chase, however.

Although the ending did surprise me.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
t4terrific   01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:This shouldn't spoil anything as long as you've seen the trailer.

Walt Kowalski is a recently widowed, retired Ford plant worker and Korean Wart vet.

Alone in his house we see that he is estranged from (and disaproving of) his kids and their families.

In fact, Walt dislikes almost everything except beer and his dog.

Basically the movie goes from there and is a 50/50 mix of grumpy old men and Harry Callaghan. There is no car chase, however.

Although the ending did surprise me.

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Sounds cool. I hope to see it tonight.

I loved seeing the broken down crotchety old man turn royal badass in Unforgiven. I was hoping for a little something like that here.
Medusa   01-09-2009, 11:56 PM
We're going to see it tomorrow!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Medusa   01-11-2009, 02:02 PM
This movie was great! I want to see it again!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
t4terrific   01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I finally saw Gran Torino Saturday night. It was sold out Friday.

I can't believe how good it was. I had high hopes and it was better than expected.

Eastwood has come so far over his career. He has made some of the best movies of all time, but now he's at his peak. He can touch, tell a story, make jokes, make you angry, and still be a badass at almost 80 (It is still believable.).

I hope he's around for another 25 years. I hope ha makes one more Western too (Unforgiven was so damn good.).
Kenji   01-11-2009, 08:52 PM
By the way, how about "The Changeling"? Has anyone seen it?
Wapitikev   01-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Kenji Wrote:By the way, how about "The Changeling"? Has anyone seen it?
The 1980 movie was spooky.

Haven't seen the one from 2008 with AJ.

Sorry.

-Wapitikev

Pages (3):    1 2 3