Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 6 8   
bones weep tedium   10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
...or a clown playing a halloween prank?? Confusedquigglemouth:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Tony H   10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I had a very creepy book once. It contained no verbs, nouns or adjectives and it demanded that I ask random people for these missing pieces of the story without divulging to them the title of the story or giving them any details.

After collecting the missing items I would read the story out loud and people would collapse with laughter. The power of this book was maddening.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
volshan   10-23-2008, 10:47 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I had a very creepy book once. It contained no verbs, nouns or adjectives and it demanded that I ask random people for these missing pieces of the story without divulging to them the title of the story or giving them any details.

After collecting the missing items I would read the story out loud and people would collapse with laughter. The power of this book was maddening.

Didn't we have a thread like that here...the three word story?

:p

Marty

[SIZE="1"]'It stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there's someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master.' - Ayn Rand[/SIZE]
cobalt   10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Or another "punking"! :dontknow:

EWMAN
Legion   10-23-2008, 11:37 AM
jacksgia Wrote:I know of a very very similar book to that. The pages where as thin as skin and it can make people go from the happiest person to the most dark and suicidal. I had possession of part of the book (the bindings) because I knew what the book could do so I took them from him and threw them out my car window. Also he did bury and then when I went looking for it, couldn't find it. He went to go unbury it and a old man walking a dog told him somethings are better buried and its not your turn to have it and then he turned his head and back and the man was gone.

A friend of mine is a rather high ranking officer in a big city's police dept. He would often get help from a masked vigilante who could do the same thing. Just POOF! gone.

Did this "Jack" happen to mention whether or not this old guy nd his dog were in bat costumes?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Aprilis   10-24-2008, 12:14 AM
I have a crazy ex boyfriend that would pick a movie and then tell everyone it happened to him.
I wish I could remember the last movie he told me happened to him
He was also a pathological liar.

He was one of those guys that always had a better story than you. But if you happened to have a better story than him he would steal it and tell it as his own.

He was highly entertaining and I laugh at all of his stories now.

A few examples:
he was in the army reserve and he said he accidently got sent to ranger training, bomb disposal training, etc.

He broke his hand at work and he said men in black suits showed up at the hospital and told him that he couldnt go to sleep for surgery so he was awake for it, just had a local shot.

all of the milk sold in this country is collected from cows, then it is powdered and then when they are gonna sell it they put it in the milk jug with water and shake it up.

He was nuts ... I finally had to kick to him to the curb when I came home and found him wearing my clothes.

so I'd say your jack could be my x except he doesnt read.
Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
KRW   10-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Aprilis Wrote:I have a crazy ex boyfriend that would pick a movie and then tell everyone it happened to him.
I wish I could remember the last movie he told me happened to him
He was also a pathological liar.

He was one of those guys that always had a better story than you. But if you happened to have a better story than him he would steal it and tell it as his own.

He was highly entertaining and I laugh at all of his stories now.

A few examples:
he was in the army reserve and he said he accidently got sent to ranger training, bomb disposal training, etc.

He broke his hand at work and he said men in black suits showed up at the hospital and told him that he couldnt go to sleep for surgery so he was awake for it, just had a local shot.

all of the milk sold in this country is collected from cows, then it is powdered and then when they are gonna sell it they put it in the milk jug with water and shake it up.

He was nuts ... I finally had to kick to him to the curb when I came home and found him wearing my clothes.

so I'd say your jack could be my x except he doesnt read.
Smile

Since we live in the same part of the country, I have to ask...... Is his name Nick?
Libby   10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
jacksgia Wrote:One of my ex boyfriends from a few months ago, told me that he does what he called "jobs". He went by the name Repairman Jack. People went to him if they couldn't go to the police. He told me one of the "jobs" dealt with a child molester. Also I read some of the books to see what was similar. Surprisingly, the character and him was very similar. He would go by the books almost trying to follow in the characters foot steps. I have already read By The Sword. The uncanny connection is that he had possession of the same book that the character Jack found. The one that would be able to turn languages into different native tongues. There are a few more connections that I possibly put together. I still want to finish the connection with the two. So my question is has anyone have heard of or been into similar situations?

No, I can't say I have. Have you seen proof of this? Have you SEEN the book?

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Ken Valentine   10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Aprilis Wrote:He broke his hand at work and he said men in black suits showed up at the hospital and told him that he couldnt go to sleep for surgery so he was awake for it, just had a local shot.
Except for the "men in black" part, the rest makes sense. I had surgery on my hand -- to remove scar tissue that was binding up some tendons -- a local anesthetic was all that was needed.

A lot of minor surgeries are like that -- and some that are not so minor.

Twenty five years after the initial injury, my father was having pain in his leg. He went to the hospital for an examination, and when he bent over to remove his shoe, the pain became overwhelming. A quick exam showed that the femoral artery was now completely blocked. There was no time for a general anesthetic.

He was given a "local," and they started cutting.

The blockage was caused by a piece of shrapnel that had corroded, and a piece of a vein was spliced in to make the repair.

If they had waited for a general anesthetic to take effect, he would probably have lost his leg.

Ken V.
Aprilis   10-25-2008, 12:07 AM
KRW Wrote:Since we live in the same part of the country, I have to ask...... Is his name Nick?
nope, It is Jay and he moved to Seattle.
But I am sure there are lots of nuts out there ...

Ken Valentine Wrote:Except for the "men in black" part, the rest makes sense. I had surgery on my hand -- to remove scar tissue that was binding up some tendons -- a local anesthetic was all that was needed.

A lot of minor surgeries are like that -- and some that are not so minor.

Twenty five years after the initial injury, my father was having pain in his leg. He went to the hospital for an examination, and when he bent over to remove his shoe, the pain became overwhelming. A quick exam showed that the femoral artery was now completely blocked. There was no time for a general anesthetic.

He was given a "local," and they started cutting.

The blockage was caused by a piece of shrapnel that had corroded, and a piece of a vein was spliced in to make the repair.

If they had waited for a general anesthetic to take effect, he would probably have lost his leg.

Ken V.

A local shot may have been fine for his surgery, I am no dr so I dont know. The point was he had to turn it into one of his stories.

He was so outrageous I need to write a book about him.

When I broke up with him he faked his suicide attempt. He poked a hole in the wall and told me he missed when he was trying to shoot himself in the head.
So I asked - why didnt the bullet go through the wall?
he said it lodged in the stud.
I said that I wasnt stupid and the bullet would have gone through the wall. I even stuck a pencil in the hole (it fit perfectly) and proved the stud was not there. And it wasnt a little bullet his gun was a cz75

I dont know anything about guns but I do know that if you shoot a wall from 2 feet away that the bullet is going to come out the other side. It was drywall.

Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Pages (8):    1 2 3 4 5 6 8