Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Willie   01-11-2009, 02:38 AM
LolaRennt: Jay #1 basically hit it on the head. eBooks save space on trips, hell or even just around town. Don't get me wrong, they aren't a replacement for physical books, I plan to continue to spend a good portion of each paycheck at my local Borders. With devices like my iphone though I don't have to lug around a novel with me wherever I go if I find myself with some time to read. I can leave my copy at home safe and sound.

I use the Stanza app on my iPhone and it's great, it remembers where I'm at and takes me right back to it if I need to take a call. Then when I do get home to my real copy I can just pick that up and keep on reading. I'll be going back to Washington D.C. in May, with that I can just load whatever I'm currently reading onto my phone and maybe a few other books as well. That way I won't have to worry about losing my book somewhere or picking one up while I'm back there.

mores Wrote:If they're worried about piracy, they're already too late Smile
A lot of printed books are pirated. Scanned and OCRed and released on torrent sites or the IRC.

This is an unfortunate truth but I really hope it doesn't stop eBook versions from being released. The only other request I would have is be very careful about using DRM on any that are released, all it does is hurt the people who don't know how to find alternate sources.

I'll admit that I'm the type of person who will avoid DRM at all costs. I'd rather pay you for your work so that you can continue doing it but if it comes down to a version that I legally paid for and won't be able to use because the company hosting the DRM servers might decide to call it quits or a free version that I won't ever have to worry about that issue with guess which way I'll swing.

“A few months ago, you assassinated a man who called himself a god; now you’re going after a goddess in truth. Unless you can figure out a way to kill continents, after this you’re going to have to retire.”
srogerson   01-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Exactly WHY I bought a Kindle instead of the others. I actually came here to beg for MORE on the Kindle! haha. Maybe I want too much... Sad

Thanks for the Jack novels, Mr. FPW. I'd buy them all on my Kindle if they were available.

eBook Addict.
Scott Rogerson

mreilly611 Wrote:Hi I have a Sony Ereader (They have By The Sword and Gateways) in Ebook and I also have a Ipod Touch and Ereader.com has (Host) in Ebook.

I was shocked when I went to Amazon.com Kindle web site a saw they have 8 Repairman Jack eBooks (By the Sword, Secret Histories, Conspiracies, Harbingers, The Haunted Air, Host, Infernal and Gateways) WTF!!! Sony and Ereader need to get there act together if they want to be around and get these books. Or they will be history like The HD-DVD Player and HD-DVD Disc.
Bacardi Jim   01-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I've already mentioned that I am a die-hard FPW fan and a Kindle owner. Not much else I can do.

At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
mores   09-24-2009, 06:16 PM
mkay, this is kind of resurrecting the dead, but I just recently read about a new search engine for ebooks and was pleased to see that it lists lots and logs of FPW books:
http://inkmesh.com/search/?start=0&qs=paul+f.+wilson
Al Meyer   09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I have Ipod Touch too and use ereader a lot. I will be VERY HAPPY to buy FPW books for it.
Yeratel   09-25-2009, 12:43 AM
I've had a Kindle for a couple of months now, and have come to like it quite a bit. It's much easier to read and use than the Mobipocket Reader I used for ebooks on my PDA or Pocket PC. I'd already ordered the hard copy of Ground Zero before I got the Kindle, but I downloaded Dan Brown's Lost Symbol from Amazon the day of release, and may do that for future FPW books it they are available.
RobinR   10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I bought The Tomb as a paperback last spring, but then got a Kindle so I have been getting the other books for that. Strangely, though, the second book is not available as an ebook. Whatever the rights situation, it would be lovely if it could be straightened out.

I like ebooks because I move a lot, and every time, books are the hardest things to transport. So I am buying paper books only when they are signed by the author.
fpw   10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
All sorts of e-stuff is in da woiks.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Legion   10-24-2009, 01:25 AM
fpw Wrote:All sorts of e-stuff is in da woiks.

Do tell...

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
mores   10-24-2009, 07:28 AM
fpw Wrote:All sorts of e-stuff is in da woiks.
Awesome, excellent news.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6