Pages (3):    1 2 3   
wdg3rd   10-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I think, guys would like to be like Jack.
Gals would like to be like Gia.

I don't think most of the gals around here are willing to act that helpless. I could be wrong, of course, since La Esposa says I usually am.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
wdg3rd Wrote:I don't think most of the gals around here are willing to act that helpless. I could be wrong, of course, since La Esposa says I usually am.

Gia's hardly helpless!
wdg3rd   10-26-2008, 11:02 PM
But she usually acts like she is.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Legion   10-27-2008, 12:06 AM
wdg3rd Wrote:But she usually acts like she is.

Agreed. In fact, part of my hopes for this new, post "accident", darker incarnation of Gia is that she will become more of a ( pardon the term, but its one of my wife's favorite descriptions of Sarah Connor/Ellen Ripley types ). Kick-ass-bitch.

It would be nice to see Gia evolve into more of a modern woman who doesn't scream and pull a Barbra at the sight of any danger. Personally, I would love to see a gun ( maybe a sword?) in Gias hands.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Felix   10-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I have something new to read, evidently.

I haven't been around in awhile. I need to catch up.

What happened to my sign-in?
Ken Valentine   10-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Felix Wrote:I have something new to read, evidently.

I haven't been around in awhile. I need to catch up.

What happened to my sign-in?
I dunno, you looked signed in to me. Big Grin

And welcome back.

Ken V.
Lysistrata   10-27-2008, 12:30 AM
But remember in Harbinger - [SPOILER]the yeniçeri who ran over Gia and Vicky was impressed by the fact that Gia could have escaped unscathed, but chose instead to make a desperate attempt to try to save Vicky's life. She faced a behemoth on wheels bare-handed.[/SPOILER]

Trying to be nice
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
wdg3rd Wrote:But she usually acts like she is.

In THE TOMB, she was ready to fight a Rakosh to buy time for Vicky.
Legion   10-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:But remember in Harbinger - [SPOILER]the yeniçeri who ran over Gia and Vicky was impressed by the fact that Gia could have escaped unscathed, but chose instead to make a desperate attempt to try to save Vicky's life. She faced a behemoth on wheels bare-handed.[/SPOILER]

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:In THE TOMB, she was ready to fight a Rakosh to buy time for Vicky.

You're both right... on those occasions. But at the same time, both times she was fueled by her instinctive urge to protect her young, just as most animals in nature would be.

I don't consider these to be anything more than the actions of a good mother. I want to see Gia willing to fight when Vicky isn't on the line. It would also be nice to see for Jacks reaction alone. Hell, lets see GIA save JACK for once.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Legion Wrote:You're both right... on those occasions. But at the same time, both times she was fueled by her instinctive urge to protect her young, just as most animals in nature would be.

I don't consider these to be anything more than the actions of a good mother. I want to see Gia willing to fight when Vicky isn't on the line. It would also be nice to see for Jacks reaction alone. Hell, lets see GIA save JACK for once.

She did...at the end of THE TOMB.Wink

But mebbe yez is thinkin' something like...

Jack fought. Fought with the fury of desperation. Gia and Vicks were behind him. But there were too many...too many... He fell, and his pistol went skidding across the floor.

Gia snatched it up. Her hand was shaking, but her voice was strong and clear. "Get =back=! I =will= shoot you if you make me! Get away from him!"

Nora Roberts said, "All my fans and I wanted were some autographs."
This post was last modified: 10-27-2008, 05:19 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (3):    1 2 3