Pages (3): 1 2 3   
redheadmargo   10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll try to keep this short.....got my copy of By the Sword...read it in 2 days.....I am absolutely BLOWN away by this book.

I have read all of the man's books and I seriously think this is his best...I love the blend of Jack and Black Wind. I was literally on the edge of my chair (couch) to see how this would end.

I can't help but think that every single book in this series is better than the last......

On a scale of ten this book easily would come in at 15++++

Bravo, Paul, Bravo:adore:

Redheadmargo

"Freedoms just another word for nothin left to lose"

"Teen-agers scare the living s**t out of me"
Kenji   10-18-2008, 09:22 PM
redheadmargo Wrote:I'll try to keep this short.....got my copy of By the Sword...read it in 2 days.....I am absolutely BLOWN away by this book.

I have read all of the man's books and I seriously think this is his best...I love the blend of Jack and Black Wind. I was literally on the edge of my chair (couch) to see how this would end.

I can't help but think that every single book in this series is better than the last......

On a scale of ten this book easily would come in at 15++++

Bravo, Paul, Bravo:adore:

I totally agree. So far, BY THE SWORD is the best RJ novel. But maybe next RJ novel will be the best RJ novel than BTS.
Ken Valentine   10-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Kenji Wrote:I totally agree. So far, BY THE SWORD is the best RJ novel. But maybe next RJ novel will be the best RJ novel than BTS.
Admit it Kenji, they're ALL the best. Wink

Ken V.
Legion   10-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Kenji Wrote:I totally agree. So far, BY THE SWORD is the best RJ novel. But maybe next RJ novel will be the best RJ novel than BTS.

You're just biased, you kakuza hitman, you.Big Grin

Sorry, I cant get over that. Its friggin awesome.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Ken Valentine   10-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Legion Wrote:You're just biased, you kakuza hitman, you.Big Grin

Sorry, I cant get over that. Its friggin awesome.
That it is!

That's not the first time Paul has done that however. You may have noticed that in INFERNAL, brother Tom mentions his wife's friends Lisa and Susan.

We all know who Lisa and Susan are don't we? Big Grin

Ken V.
Legion   10-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:That it is!

That's not the first time Paul has done that however. You may have noticed that in INFERNAL, brother Tom mentions his wife's friends Lisa and Susan.

Ken V.

I hope to someday be so honoured.

that is one of the reasons I love these books so much. they're written by a man who hasn't in any way forgotten his fans like so many others have. Even koontz seems to have gotten a big head and it shows in his writing.

Paul manages to spin a yarn that is often as humorous as it is thrilling. Those fans like us who have found this forum get to enjoy just a bit more of both through in jokes and the MANY different tie ins to his other works,

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Kenji   10-25-2008, 11:39 PM

Ken V.

Of course, everybody know them. And,....don't forget about Dr. Buhmann. Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-26-2008, 09:01 PM

Ken V.

Missed that, Ken!--nice catch!

But here's a coincidence, I betcha--at the end of BY THE SWORD, a certain "Terrence McCabe" is introduced. He makes a point of saying he's a member of the =bar=, and his specialty is PR--PUBlic Relations.

Surely nothing to do with Bull McCabe's Irish Pub, which I might have mentioned once or twice...
This post was last modified: 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
linusvanpelt   10-26-2008, 10:28 PM
I think that what makes "Jack" enjoyable is that everyone can find something to relate to. You can't tell me that there isnt anyone who wouldnt like to be like Jack. Maybe someday we all will be imortalized in a book by FPW. Just dreaming.........

Linus
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-26-2008, 10:33 PM
linusvanpelt Wrote:I think that what makes "Jack" enjoyable is that everyone can find something to relate to. You can't tell me that there isnt anyone who wouldnt like to be like Jack. Maybe someday we all will be imortalized in a book by FPW. Just dreaming.........

I think, guys would like to be like Jack.
Gals would like to be like Gia.
Pages (3): 1 2 3