Pages (2): 1 2   
kokopelli   10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Paul,

I recently visited Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado. It is an amazing park. There's a ton of history, legend and magic associated with the Anasazi Indians mysteriously dissapearing in the years between 1100-1200. I'm sure you probably already know this. Do you think this would have the makings of a good Jack (or YJ) story?

On a separate thought, have you ever considered a Jack novel based on Nazi Germany's supernatural fascination during WWII? I know The Keep was based in WWII Europe. But it would be interesting to see how Himmler's fascination in the occult (back in the day) played out in a Jack storyline set in modern day.
DrFoix   10-14-2008, 07:16 PM
You might try Thunderhead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. They written several good books including Relic.
berrymastiff   10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
...a good novel about the nazis and the occult... can't recall the name, but it was by katherine kurtz, I believe.
fpw   10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
[SIZE="3"]Only 2 RJ novels left after Ground Zero. No time for Himmler and the Southwest (and Jack hates to travel).[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Only 2 RJ novels left after Ground Zero. No time for Himmler and the Southwest (and Jack hates to travel).[/SIZE]

That's funny, Paul. "Only 2" it says on the computer here. Oh, the electron hijinks! Surely the screen should read "7", right?

Right?
Scott Miller   10-15-2008, 01:59 PM
kokopelli Wrote:On a separate thought, have you ever considered a Jack novel based on Nazi Germany's supernatural fascination during WWII? I know The Keep was based in WWII Europe. But it would be interesting to see how Himmler's fascination in the occult (back in the day) played out in a Jack storyline set in modern day.

As I was picking up my copy of By The Sword today, I took a few minutes to scan the horror section(yeah Borders) and a book titled Shadows In The Mist by Brian Moreland caught my eye. As I read the back flap I was reminded of this thread so I thought I'd share so here...

http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Mist-Brian...0977840557

I think I'll be getting a copy one of these days, but now it is time to fill up on some RJ.

I decided to check out his website and it is a nice one.

http://www.brianmoreland.com/welcome.html
This post was last modified: 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
wdg3rd   10-17-2008, 10:24 PM
berrymastiff Wrote:...a good novel about the nazis and the occult... can't recall the name, but it was by katherine kurtz, I believe.

Lammas Night. There is a connection between that (otherwise standalone) novel and her "Adept" series, sort of like the connection between Sibs and the RJ series.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
linusvanpelt   10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
To FPW.... Is there anyway to link Jack to the book Virgin??? Sounds like it could be an interesting conclusion.

Linus
Ken Valentine   10-25-2008, 12:03 AM
linusvanpelt Wrote:To FPW.... Is there anyway to link Jack to the book Virgin??? Sounds like it could be an interesting conclusion.
There actually is a link between VIRGIN, CRISSCROSS, and THE HAUNTED AIR.

I'll leave it to you to find it. Big Grin

Ken V.
fpw   10-25-2008, 09:29 AM
[SIZE="3"]Virgin is in an alternate reality, but many things overlap in the multiverse, so Ken's right -- there's an interdimensional carryover in those three books.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (2): 1 2