Kenji   10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
So far, RJ series' Japanese editions are published from Fusosha. But.....

I checked Fusosha's official site, and they says "Now, we have no schedule for new RJ series. As the series goes on, the sales fell off and they are unprofitable for us. It's too bad and sorry for that."

:eek6: :cryin: :mad2: :prrr:

I can read English edition, but my friends can't read in English! Oh, Paul! Please help Japanese Repairman Jack fan! :adore:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Kenji Wrote:So far, RJ series' Japanese editions are published from Fusosha. But.....

I checked Fusosha's official site, and they says "Now, we have no schedule for new RJ series. As the series goes on, the sales fell off and they are unprofitable for us. It's too bad and sorry for that."

:eek6: :cryin: :mad2: :prrr:

I can read English edition, but my friends can't read in English! Oh, Paul! Please help Japanese Repairman Jack fan! :adore:

Fusosha--is that "Kickers" in Japanese? But never fear, Pal Kenji--you'll at least have the English editions coming from your friend Little Blues.
Kenji   10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Fusosha--is that "Kickers" in Japanese? But never fear, Pal Kenji--you'll at least have the English editions coming from your friend Little Blues.

Thanks, Mike. You are Big Blues! Cool
fpw   10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
[SIZE="3"]Yes, Kenji. Apparently your fellow Japanese got tired of Jack. While sales of each book are rising in the US, they were falling in Japan. Too bad. I'm sure they would have liked By the Sword. [/SIZE]
This post was last modified: 10-06-2008, 12:43 PM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
GeraldRice   10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Yes, Kenji. Apparently your fellow Japanese got tired of Jack. While sales of each book are rising in the US, they were falling in Japan. Too bad. I'm sure they would have liked By the Sword. [/SIZE]

Would a USA chant be inappropriate here?

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:Would a USA chant be inappropriate here?

Gerald, a U-S-A!! chant is =never= inappropriate. USA?--HELL YEAH!

Am I wrong, brother?
Kenji   10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Yes, Kenji. Apparently your fellow Japanese got tired of Jack. While sales of each book are rising in the US, they were falling in Japan.

No, no, no. That's NOT true. It's Fusosha's fault. They didn't release hardcover edition! All RJ novels were softcovers.

Quote:Too bad. I'm sure they would have liked By the Sword. [/SIZE]

I liked BY THE SWORD. Smile

Paul, why don't you contact to other publishers? I recommend Hayakawa.
They are well known than Fusosha. Fusosha didn't, but Hayakawa will release hardcover edition RJ.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/h...line.co.jp
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Kenji Wrote:No, no, no. That's NOT true. It's Fusosha's fault. They didn't release hardcover edition! All RJ novels were softcovers.

ked BY THE SWORD. Smile

Paul, why don't you contact to other publishers? I recommend Hayakawa.
They are well known than Fusosha. Fusosha didn't, but Hayakawa will release hardcover edition RJ.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/h...line.co.jp

Damn good and damn right, Kenji! Surely there's an audience for Paul's books among the discriminating readers of Japan. But who would be the best publisher?
Kenji   10-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Damn good and damn right, Kenji! Surely there's an audience for Paul's books among the discriminating readers of Japan. But who would be the best publisher?

The best publisher is Hayakawa Publishing.

In Japan, Lincoln Rhyme series are best seller. All LR novels were published from Hayakawa. Also, all LR novels are hardcovers. And, Hayakawa's marketing way is the best. We can find Hayakawa's books in anywhere, but Fusosha's books are not available in small bookstore! :dontknow:

If Japanese hardcover Reparman Jack novels are released, sales will rise in Japan.