Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Lysistrata   10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Cigarettes made exclusively from leaves that have fallen off on their own-in fact they're called Off Brand.

hmm... why do I think you're just humoring me?

Trying to be nice
Lysistrata   10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]I believe she smokes special cigarettes made exclusively from old leaves that have fallen off the tobacco plants on their own. [/SIZE]

where does she buy them? who collects them? it must cost a fortune to harvest. And overripe tobacco leaves have to be brown tobacco?

Trying to be nice
Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:hmm... why do I think you're just humoring me?

Because you're right. I'm merely a fan and I generally don't even stop to consider such details. I'm constantly blown away by how much stuff my fellow boardwalkers notice that I probably wouldn't catch no matter how many times I read the books.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:where does she buy them? who collects them? it must cost a fortune to harvest. And overripe tobacco leaves have to be brown tobacco?

I think he's humoring as well. I believe you've caught him in something he didn't consider.

Scott

Lysistrata   10-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Because you're right. I'm merely a fan and I generally don't even stop to consider such details. I'm constantly blown away by how much stuff my fellow boardwalkers notice that I probably wouldn't catch no matter how many times I read the books.

The main events often pass by me untouched. In "Sophie's choice", I understood how cruel and sadistic it was to propose such a choice at the end of the book. But the extra tiny details I notice. I'm not near-sighted, but point blank-sighted...

Trying to be nice
fpw   10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I think he's humoring as well. I believe you've caught him in something he didn't consider.
[SIZE="3"]
I did consider, but kept her smoking anyway because I wanted her to, and hoped no one would notice. Those hopes have been dashed (but it took years and years).[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]
I did consider, but kept her smoking anyway because I wanted her to, and hoped no one would notice. Those hopes have been dashed (but it took years and years).[/SIZE]

Good going Lysis; I hope you haven't ruined his desire to write.

Scott

KRW   10-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:And yet, she smokes a lot. Cigarettes are made with tobacco leaves.

So, what does exactly Anya smoke?

She could have been smoking pot. You only smoke the bud from the plant, not the leaves.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Good going Lysis; I hope you haven't ruined his desire to write.

If you're a writer, Scott, ain't much gonna stop you.
cobalt   10-01-2008, 11:32 PM
KRW Wrote:She could have been smoking pot. You only smoke the bud from the plant, not the leaves.

Well, the knowledge some people have!....snicker

EWMAN
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4