Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   10-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I finally watched the second episode last night and I gotta say I didn't see that coming-Miguel barging in on Dexter's kill that is. I feel terrible for chuckling at Dexter's imagining his son sitting on the floor after garrotting? his half-sibling. In fact this show specializes in those types of moments. Finally I see Deb ending up with the informant and isn't that IA cop a piece of work?

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Susan   10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Man how did you guys manage to survive the weeks between shows? I watched the entire first two seasons each in less than a week-this dragging it out over the course of 12 weeks mkight be more than I can bear-or is it bare?

Anyway I think Dexter will make an excellent father, don't you? What about Deb's new look and who will she hook up with this season? Will another Doakes show up to haunt Dex or will he be free of his co-workers scrutiny? Or will Jimmy Smits, or his brother,character take his place. All in all, I'd say it was the weakest of the 3 season openers(his kill was positively amateurish) but I have faith that it will pick up.

I absolutely loved the first 2 seasons of Dexter, but this season isn't quite as good so far. But it's still better than most of the stuff on TV, so I'm going to keep watching!

And yes, I think Dexter would make a great dad as long as he doesn't teach the little ones how to dissect their friends.

Marc Wrote:Here's hoping Dexter stays true to the first two season, unlike the abysmal Heros.

NO kidding, Marc! The first season of Heroes was awesome, the second was okay and the third is a snore. It goes all over the place and has totally lost its charm and its soul. So disappointing.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
cobalt   10-13-2008, 09:57 AM
I think I'll change my opinion on Dexter as a father after this last episode. He'll make a very protective "lion" for his cubs.

One thing that had me rolling with laughter, Dexter's silent comment to the Yoga instructor, [SPOILER]how he could kill her before anyone knew it.[/SPOILER]......priceless!

EWMAN
Noelie   10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I think I'll change my opinion on Dexter as a father after this last episode. He'll make a very protective "lion" for his cubs.
This is exactly what I was trying to get at with my previous post about whether he would make a good father, but I couldn't seem to put it into words. Despite his going on about not having feelings, I believe that he truly does love Cody and Astor and that he would love the new baby. I also believe that he would go to great lengths to protect them.

Of course it's not quite as simple as that given Dexter's nature. But because of the way the character is written (and acted), simply being a sociopath doesn't disqualify him from being a good father. Bizarre, but that's what I think.

Quote of the night goes to Angel: [SPOILER]Joey: "Who the fuck are his people?" Angel: "I don't know. Maybe little scientists?" BWAH![/SPOILER]

How many vikings does it take to change a light bulb?

None. The light from the burning monastery is more than sufficient.

May the Norse be with you.

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   10-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Susan Wrote:And yes, I think Dexter would make a great dad as long as he doesn't teach the little ones how to dissect their friends.Susan

I would love to hear Dex's advice when Cody complains that the school bully is picking on him.

Scott

Scott Miller   10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Noelie Wrote:Of course it's not quite as simple as that given Dexter's nature. But because of the way the character is written (and acted), simply being a sociopath doesn't disqualify him from being a good father. Bizarre, but that's what I think.

I believe that we share the notion that Dexter is actually doing good; the world is a better place because of him. That is why we can see him as a decent father or even a decent human. He is not so different from RJ; he picks up where the law fails, he's just a bit creepier.

And when the hell does he get any sleep?

Scott

GeraldRice   10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm sure someone must have suggested it, but the more I think about it (and the more I see Dexter struggle with wanting emotions) the more I think Harry and his code are the reason Dexter is a serial killer. Think about it, until recently, the only time Dexter has killed has been by the Code of Harry. Is it to keep him in control or is it the thing that spurs him on to commit such acts? No doubt Dexter had sociopathic behaviors, but is that such an unexpected thing for a child who saw his mother get chainsawed to death right in front of him? And now we know that Harry had a little more involvement in Dexter's history than we were led to believe prior. Maybe Harry is Dex's biodaddy. Regardless, Dexter has difficulty with things that a true sociopath would only have an academic interest in.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Noelie   10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I'm sure someone must have suggested it, but the more I think about it (and the more I see Dexter struggle with wanting emotions) the more I think Harry and his code are the reason Dexter is a serial killer. Think about it, until recently, the only time Dexter has killed has been by the Code of Harry. Is it to keep him in control or is it the thing that spurs him on to commit such acts? No doubt Dexter had sociopathic behaviors, but is that such an unexpected thing for a child who saw his mother get chainsawed to death right in front of him? And now we know that Harry had a little more involvement in Dexter's history than we were led to believe prior. Maybe Harry is Dex's biodaddy. Regardless, Dexter has difficulty with things that a true sociopath would only have an academic interest in.
I've often felt that Harry really is to blame for what Dexter has ultimately become. As you said, there's no doubt that Dex had sociopathic behaviors, but he was SO YOUNG when it all happened and when Harry first saw that behavior, I don't necessarily believe that there would have been no hope for Dex to overcome those behaviors. But Harry saw to it that Dexter became his dark avenger instead of putting the kid in therapy.

I thought of the bio-dad angle too, but didn't the DNA test back in season 1 confirm the paternity of Dexter's dad? I could be remembering that incorrectly though.

EWMAN, Jr.
Scott Miller   11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I haven't been watching on Sundays so I've been stockpiling episodes that I finally got around to watching all but last Sunday's episode. What do we think? Something has got interrupt the wedding; I just can't see him married. I wonder how Dexter will rid himself of Miguel because he knows too much and is much too public to go unnoticed for long. Who is the skinner? I don't even have a good guess. And I can't believe the transformation of Rita; she has gone from a mousy little nobody to a gorgeous, confident woman.

Scott

Noelie   11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
I, uh, suggest you watch last Sunday's episode ASAP. :eek:

I have no idea what he's gonna do about Miguel. I also have no clue about the skinner. Michael C. Hall is knocking it right out of the park again this season, though.

EWMAN, Jr.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6