Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   09-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

Paul Newman died. I really missed him. I always enjoyed his movies. "Cool Hand Luke", "The Sting", "Slap Shot".... and of course "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was his best movie.

R.I.P., Paul Newman.....:cryin:
Legion   09-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Kenji Wrote:Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

Paul Newman died. I really missed him. I always enjoyed his movies. "Cool Hand Luke", "The Sting", "Slap Shot".... and of course "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" was his best movie.

Dude... this just shot my day to hell... Gods damnit.

He was one of the few decent guys in Hollywood. Here's a fact for ya. His line of foods ( cookies, sauces, etc) he didn't make a cent off of. Every last cent of profit made from them was given to charity.

He was a hell of an actor. A hell of a human being. We'll miss you, Mister Newman.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Libby   09-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Kenji Wrote:Just now I heard this sad news at CNN.

That is so sad. He was a good man.Sad

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
mad4tunes   09-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Libby Wrote:That is so sad. He was a good man.Sad

He was, indeed...I met him once at a charity function, and actually got into a conversation with him about music.

I was surprised (although I'm sure I shouldn't have been) by the breadth of his musical tastes.

His daughter, Nell, is just as nice as Paul was.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
cobalt   09-27-2008, 05:14 PM
What a loss! Great actor, humanitarian and general all around good guy. He lived in CT, I would see him rambling around the Post Rd every once in a while......nicer guy you couldn't meet. Sad
This post was last modified: 09-27-2008, 09:13 PM by cobalt.

EWMAN
Wapitikev   09-27-2008, 08:43 PM
This news about matches the day I'm having. Mr. Newman, you will be sorely missed.

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Ken Valentine   09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Legion Wrote:Dude... this just shot my day to hell... Gods damnit.

He was one of the few decent guys in Hollywood. Here's a fact for ya. His line of foods ( cookies, sauces, etc) he didn't make a cent off of. Every last cent of profit made from them was given to charity.

He was a hell of an actor. A hell of a human being. We'll miss you, Mister Newman.
He, and his wife Joanne woodward were also as vehemently against private ownership of firearms as anyone could be. But they didn't make much noise about it.

Ken V.
KRW   10-01-2008, 08:58 PM
That is sad news. "Cool Hand Luke" has always been one of my favorite movies.
Scott Miller   10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
He's definitely one of my all time favorite actors and seemed like good people. Hopefully they'll cook his eggs wherever he ends up.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Legion   10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:He, and his wife Joanne woodward were also as vehemently against private ownership of firearms as anyone could be. But they didn't make much noise about it.

Ken V.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but at the same time, like you said, they didn't go out and preach about their views. Even the most intelligent men have flaws.

Besides, think of all of the children with cancer who have enjoyed their few too-short years because of his camps.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Pages (2): 1 2