Wapitikev   09-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Given the latest news about the Repairman Jack Movie, namely that:[INDENT]Beacon [is] meeting with a company tomorrow that is interested in partnering with them, and will be going over directors. They think it "could be terrific news for the project." -- FPW
[/INDENT]...how do you feel about another production company partnering with Beacon to get the show (literally) on the road?

A) ...YEAH, BABY! Bring on Jack and the Rakoshi!
B) ...I'm waiting to see what happens before I get my hopes up.
C) ...this can only end in tears!

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Tony H   09-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Wapitikev Wrote:Given the latest news about the Repairman Jack Movie, namely that:
[INDENT]Beacon [is] meeting with a company tomorrow that is interested in partnering with them, and will be going over directors. They think it "could be terrific news for the project." -- FPW
[/INDENT]...how do you feel about another production company partnering with Beacon to get the show (literally) on the road?

A) ...YEAH, BABY! Bring on Jack and the Rakoshi!
B) ...I'm waiting to see what happens before I get my hopes up.
C) ...this can only end in tears!

-Wapitikev

I don't know enough about the Hollywood machine to know if this is a good thing or not. I just wanted to post here and be LAST on at least 1 thread.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Schwinn160   09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
It's probably just another let-down in the making...

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write something worth reading or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin

I'm the original me©. Big Grin
beowulf   09-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Could be good, more money, more man power, but it could end up with too many cooks in the kitchen.

Guess we will have to wait and see!

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
saynomore   09-18-2008, 08:20 PM
As long as it's not the FDIC, Disney, or Sony, it's a positive move. Beware partners baring no gifts.

AC

P.S. School started today. Wish me luck. I'm closing in on a seond Master's.
BK Akitas   09-26-2008, 08:57 PM
any truth to the rumor it's Rysher?

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Wapitikev   09-27-2008, 01:56 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:any truth to the rumor it's Rysher?

For those who don't know, Rysher and their list of productions

First-off, they have no production credits since 2000 (apparently they were purchased by CBS?) although international distribution deals for Deadwood, Oz and Sex in the City are listed in the Wiki article.

On IMDB, I don't see a lot of huge movie success prior to 2000, just a lot of television, not much of it good.

Unlike Beacon whose web-site is hopelessly out of date, Rysher's website has been down completely for long enough that Wikipedia lists it as (currently down).

Let's hope it's not Rysher...unless we want to see a made-for TV version.

-Wapitikev
[URL="http://www.imdb.com/company/co0030480/"]
[/URL]

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
bones weep tedium   09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Wapitittitkev, do you still honestly believe there will ever be a Repairman Jack movie?

I'll have to see it to belive it, and I doubt I'll enjoy it if I ever do. Sad

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."