Mark S.   08-29-2008, 06:36 PM
The trailer might look something like this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810007086/video/9486308/

Seriously though, knowing a little bit about the way Hollywood works, I'm afraid that if the movie bombs, studio execs are going to look at the Jack film and think: Max Payne bombed. We can't make this! And if the film is a big hit, they'll think: Max Payne was a hit. Make Jack more like Max.

Either way, we lose.
Kenji   08-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Mark S. Wrote:The trailer might look something like this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810007086/video/9486308/

Seriously though, knowing a little bit about the way Hollywood works, I'm afraid that if the movie bombs, studio execs are going to look at the Jack film and think: Max Payne bombed. We can't make this! And if the film is a big hit, they'll think: Max Payne was a hit. Make Jack more like Max.

Either way, we lose.

Mark Wahlberg play Max Payne? Cool......

"If" Cole Hauser play Jack.....more cool! :thumbsup:

They can make Max Payne:the movie, so why can't they make RJ movie, right now?
XiaoYu   08-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Kenji Wrote:Mark Wahlberg play Max Payne? Cool......

"If" Cole Hauser play Jack.....more cool! :thumbsup:

They can make Max Payne:the movie, so why can't they make RJ movie, right now?
The question of the year...

...though that was a pretty interesting looking trailer. No idea what kind of character Max is, but he still couldn't beat Jack.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Dave F   08-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Confused

The Max Paine game doesn't feature monsters - Valkyrie is a drug in the game

So in the film are the monsters just drug hallucinations? (so not at all like jack)

Or have they changed the story to add physical monsters - if so this could be a good thing if the movies are ready for supernatural / action movies?

Anyway a well animated Rakosh would kick one of those Valkyrie butts (especially if Giger were to design it (please please please send him a copy of The Tomb someone))

The artist formally known as Britfan
Mark S.   08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Britfan Wrote:Confused

The Max Paine game doesn't feature monsters - Valkyrie is a drug in the game

So in the film are the monsters just drug hallucinations? (so not at all like jack)

Or have they changed the story to add physical monsters - if so this could be a good thing if the movies are ready for supernatural / action movies?

Anyway a well animated Rakosh would kick one of those Valkyrie butts (especially if Giger were to design it (please please please send him a copy of The Tomb someone))

I know nothing about Max Payne. Never played it. But if I had to sum up what the movie was about based on that trailer I would say:

Disgruntled Cop vs. The Invasion of the Crow People
Kenji   08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh!? :ooh: Max Payne is game? I thought it's based on the comic...

But that visual effect is cool.
Dave F   08-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Kenji Wrote:Oh!? :ooh: Max Payne is game? I thought it's based on the comic...

But that visual effect is cool.

The game was created to feel like a movie!

It was largely inspired by John Woo films (including slo mo sequences and lots of guns)

And now they are making a film, based on a game, designed to look like a film

Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The artist formally known as Britfan
bones weep tedium   09-01-2008, 12:56 PM
It looks like John Constantine took the red pill before visiting Sin City to me. Rolleyes

I dont remember monsters in the game either, though it might be fun. Then again it might be purile and ridiculous. Wink

I though that Marc Wahlberg is a gun control spokesman? :confused:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."