Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
lexator222   08-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello, everyone. I recently took delivery on an advanced copy of the new RJ book "By the sword", which is a soft cover and seems to be a highly abridged version of the finished product. just over 300 pages long, and larger than normal print. However, that is not my concern.
The Ebay seller had sold this as an "Autographed" copy, and I have no way of knowing if this is truely FPW's signature. Is there somewhere online that I can view a sample of his autograph and compare?

Thanks, Lexator
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
lexator222 Wrote:Hello, everyone. I recently took delivery on an advanced copy of the new RJ book "By the sword", which is a soft cover and seems to be a highly abridged version of the finished product. just over 300 pages long, and larger than normal print. However, that is not my concern.
The Ebay seller had sold this as an "Autographed" copy, and I have no way of knowing if this is truely FPW's signature. Is there somewhere online that I can view a sample of his autograph and compare?

Thanks, Lexator

Can you post the signature, Lex? Many of the gang have gen-yew-ine autographs we could compare yours with.
Tony H   08-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is Lisa the Queens autographed copy of Black Wind. Does the signature look like this?
[Image: fpwsign2.jpg]

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Here is Lisa the Queens autographed copy of Black Wind. Does the signature look like this?

Yup. That's the real valuta. I was amazed at a signing, when Paul was so swarmed by loyal readers, that he was signing with both hands and a pen between his teeth. The signatures look =pretty= much the same, but the "teeth" autographs fetch higher coin on e-bay.
saynomore   08-17-2008, 08:11 PM
As an avid fpw autograph collector, I prefer the toe signatures. Most people use the large toe and the toe next to the large toe, but when the crowd gets big, the shoes come off and little Pinky toe goes to work. You rarely see the Pinky autographs on ebay. You can tell them apart from the other signatures by the clarity of the writing: F Paul Wilson is written in full. This rarity is worth the extra bucks. And don't wipe away any of the foot powder from the page; it diminishes the value.

AC Smile

P.S. Many celebrities early in their careers signed their name legibly and as their fame grew, the signatures evolved into scribbles. Anyone have any early fpw signatures. All my signatures are from 2002 and up. Legible autographs demand a premium on ebay, although Sylvester Stallone's "Syl" autograph is worth more than his "Sylvester" autograph, but he's the exception.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-17-2008, 08:20 PM
saynomore Wrote:As an avid fpw autograph collector, I prefer the toe signatures. Most people use the large toe and the toe next to the large toe, but when the crowd gets big, the shoes come off and little Pinky toe goes to work. You rarely see the Pinky autographs on ebay. You can tell them apart from the other signatures by the clarity of the writing: F Paul Wilson is written in full. This rarity is worth the extra bucks. And don't wipe away any of the foot powder from the page; it diminishes the value.

AC Smile

P.S. Many celebrities early in their careers signed their name legibly and as their fame grew, the signatures evolved into scribbles. Anyone have any early fpw signatures. All my signatures are from 2002 and up. Legible autographs demand a premium on ebay, although Sylvester Stallone's "Syl" autograph is worth more than his "Sylvester" autograph, but he's the exception.

That's a little known secret, saynomore, and I doubt real collectors will thank you for revealing it. But fuck 'em, it they were true readers, they'd be among the gang here.

And I also hear the =brand= of foot powder makes a difference? Is that true or just horseshit?
saynomore   08-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's a little known secret, saynomore, and I doubt real collectors will thank you for revealing it. But fuck 'em, it they were true readers, they'd be among the gang here.

And I also hear the =brand= of foot powder makes a difference? Is that true or just horseshit?

Dr. Scholls. But keep it to yourself. Wink

AC
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-17-2008, 08:48 PM
saynomore Wrote:Dr. Scholls. But keep it to yourself. Wink

AC

Mum's certainly the word. But it's a moot question. Back in June, I was entertaining my old pal Rick Reckless and his wife Argie at my place. Rick was the Plizmo's drummer. Our old band! So I showed the book and the powder to him. "Cool, Rick! Right? Lemme get us some fresh brews for us all." You can't trust a fucking drummer. In those few seconds, he borrowed a bill from his wife, rolled it up, and snorted it!
saynomore   08-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Mum's certainly the word. But it's a moot question. Back in June, I was entertaining my old pal Rick Reckless and his wife Argie at my place. Rick was the Plizmo's drummer. Our old band! So I showed the book and the powder to him. "Cool, Rick! Right? Lemme get us some fresh brews for us all." You can't trust a fucking drummer. In those few seconds, he borrowed a bill from his wife, rolled it up, and snorted it!

LOL. See, this is why you can't win a staring contest with the Bluesman.

AC
fpw   08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Here is Lisa the Queens autographed copy of Black Wind. Does the signature look like this?

[SIZE="3"]That's pretty much what it looks like today too.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4