Pages (11):    1 7 8 9 10 11
t4terrific   08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Jacket pocket? Trousers? Either way, I'd recommend the Kahr MK-40 Micro (40 S&W.) It has a 3-inch barrel, is 5-3/8th inches long, 4-1/2 inches high, and 15/16ths of an inch wide. It weighs 23 ounces (unloaded) which is only one ounce more than the Walther PPK. And in power equivalency, it's equal to a snubbie revolver in 357 Magnum.

The action is very much like a Glock, except that it has a long trigger pull (like a double action revolver) instead of that little lock-out built into the trigger that the Glock has. The trigger pull is light and very smooth. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's a pain in the butt to disassemble. It comes apart just like the S&W Model 39, but with its heavy recoil spring, it's difficult to hold the slide back when you push out the dissassembly/slide-lock pin. And the pin is hard to push out as well.

It's a very reliable gun that works well in an ankle holster.

The magazine holds five rounds with a sixth round (safely) in the chamber, and it has a steel frame instead of plastic.

How does this compare, in size, t0 the PM9?
Ken Valentine   08-20-2008, 08:04 PM
t4terrific Wrote:How does this compare, in size, t0 the PM9?
In length and width, it's the same size, but it's about a half inch shorter in height. And because it has a plastic frame, it weighs about 7 ounces less.

For my part, I don't like plastic.

Ken V.
WGB   08-21-2008, 09:22 PM
The Taurus .357 snub nose weighs about 24oz unloaded and is a little heavy to be considered a pocket pistol by most people. But the ultralite .38 loaded with +P would make a fine choice. So would the new Ruger LCP .380 with +P ammo. But when I think of pocket pistols, first to mind is the Walther PPK, or the Colt 1903. I know, you said 9mm or larger, but that dose not leave you with very many options for a true pocket pistol. How about the Kel Tek P-11 http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p11.htm
Or the Khar PM4044 http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_40sw_pm.html
The P-11 is a 10+1 9mm and the PM4044 is a 5+1or 6 +1 .40
Both are matte black finished unlike the MK40 which is stainless steel and would flash in the sunlight.
WGB   08-22-2008, 07:46 AM
law dawg Wrote:I've seen one that shoots shotgun shells. I didn't have the courage to fire it, though.

The Bond Arms derringer is huge (4 1/4") barrel and heavy (24 oz unloaded) even when shooting the 45lc / .410 shotgun ammo the recoil is managable. No worse than shooting a snubnose .357
Libby   08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
fpw Wrote:Looks like Jack will have to visit LA in RJ-13 (once again, I don't have a working title) and he'll want a pocket carry for his short stay there. Suggestions? Nothing smaller than 9mm, preferably .40.

I don't know anything about guns except what I read here and in your books, BUT the semmerling might be an option....?(BTW, I checked the length and width on wikipedia, and the second sentance is, "It is also the sigature gun used by Repairman Jack in a series of novels by F. Paul Wilson." Thought you might want to know.)

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Pages (11):    1 7 8 9 10 11