Pages (2): 1 2   
tjcw316   08-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I am a new Jackaholic, and have searched myspace and similiar websites for graphics for writing scripts for different themes and so forth. Well, there are not any out there that I could find, so I went about making my own graphics, editing and revising the codes to fit a theme. If anyone would like graphics or codes for their myspace, or similiar websites please feel free to contact me, and I will email you the codes or you can go to my page, whichever you prefer. If anyone has any other graphics that I have not seen, I would love to have them, as I am constantly updating and changing it around. I just picked up the WWJD graphic, and will be making that into a contact or banner. In the works will be a scrolling slide across the top of the page with the RJ series of novels. I cannot put any links on here as of yet (I have not met my quotas of Posts...lol) but you can reach me here if you would like.

I would like to see an actual Official RJ Myspace page with a "Q&A of WWJD", a monthly blog on what RJ has been doing, and links to shirts and RJ merchandise. I do not know if Mr. Wilson would be interested in this, but it is an idea to throw out there.

I personnally am getting more involved in computer animation and would like to do an animated series starting with "The Tomb" and going through each novel. They may be taking forever to make an RJ movie, but why can't we make an animated one ourselves? Just wonder what the group would think of it? Thank you for your time in reading my post, and I look forward to talking more...

Tommy
cobalt   08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Welcome Tommy.
New London? Just down I95 from me. :hello:
I don't like Myspace very much, everytime I look at something, I end up with "stuff" traveling along trying to get past my filters...but I may check out whats there.

EWMAN
Legion   08-13-2008, 10:58 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome Tommy.
New London? Just down I95 from me. :hello:
I don't like Myspace very much, everytime I look at something, I end up with "stuff" traveling along trying to get past my filters...but I may check out whats there.

Yeah, Myspace is basically a giant puppeteers tool for the media and the jerk offs in charge. I have actually started losing respect for authors who put up character pages, etc. And it stinks, since some of these writers were some of my faves. But I personally think its just stooping to the lowest of the low just to sell books.

I mean, books are a LITERARY form of art. Having flashy graphics and all of that takes away from said art. This website is different. Its something Paul has done for his fans, given them a place to gather and share, and at the same time has built a platform for news and the like.

Besides, can you imagine Jack getting a myspace page? I sure can't. Goes against his very nature.

But, Welcome to the board fellow jack fan. Happy to have ya. Enjoy your stay.Smile

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Lysistrata   08-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Legion Wrote:Besides, can you imagine Jack getting a myspace page? I sure can't. Goes against his very nature.

This is a spoiler for... can't remember which book (one of the last three I think), but didn't he try and found that Repairman Jack was already taken?

Trying to be nice
Legion   08-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Lysistrata Wrote:This is a spoiler for... can't remember which book (one of the last three I think), but didn't he try and found that Repairman Jack was already taken?

I think that was in Bloodlines but it wasn't myspace. It was Repairmanjack.com. At least I'm pretty sure it was not myspace... Would check but my copy of Bloodlines was lent but never returned...:mad2:

I maintain a myspace account but never blog there. Its that way with many people I new back in the scene days. Its against our beliefs but we keep them anyways.

I only keep it so if I ever lose my phone I can let everybody know. It saved my ass when I got mugged a few years back.

Look up compendiumofsrem@gmail.com. thats me. lol I check it maybe once a week if even.

Lysistrata   08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Legion Wrote:I think that was in Bloodlines but it wasn't myspace. It was Repairmanjack.com. At least I'm pretty sure it was not myspace... Would check but my copy of Bloodlines was lent but never returned...:mad2:

I maintain a myspace account but never blog there. Its that way with many people I new back in the scene days. Its against our beliefs but we keep them anyways.

I only keep it so if I ever lose my phone I can let everybody know. It saved my ass when I got mugged a few years back.

Look up compendiumofsrem@gmail.com. thats me. lol I check it maybe once a week if even.

Might have been Yahoo...

I'll re-re-re-re read Bloodlines (LOVE it anyway) and tell you!

Trying to be nice
XiaoYu   08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
tjcw316 Wrote:I am a new Jackaholic, and have searched myspace and similiar websites for graphics for writing scripts for different themes and so forth. Well, there are not any out there that I could find, so I went about making my own graphics, editing and revising the codes to fit a theme. If anyone would like graphics or codes for their myspace, or similiar websites please feel free to contact me, and I will email you the codes or you can go to my page, whichever you prefer. If anyone has any other graphics that I have not seen, I would love to have them, as I am constantly updating and changing it around. I just picked up the WWJD graphic, and will be making that into a contact or banner. In the works will be a scrolling slide across the top of the page with the RJ series of novels. I cannot put any links on here as of yet (I have not met my quotas of Posts...lol) but you can reach me here if you would like.

I would like to see an actual Official RJ Myspace page with a "Q&A of WWJD", a monthly blog on what RJ has been doing, and links to shirts and RJ merchandise. I do not know if Mr. Wilson would be interested in this, but it is an idea to throw out there.

I personnally am getting more involved in computer animation and would like to do an animated series starting with "The Tomb" and going through each novel. They may be taking forever to make an RJ movie, but why can't we make an animated one ourselves? Just wonder what the group would think of it? Thank you for your time in reading my post, and I look forward to talking more...

Tommy
It's a nice thought, but the problem with MySpace is their pages end up kinda like an online epileptic fit, especially when random people start spamming with flashing gifs. Maybe just a normal premade site like LiveJournal or Geocities something would do just as well as MySpace, and be easier to read and look at?

What kind of computer animation are you into? 2D or 3D? It would seem like quite a time-consuming but very interesting project, to make an animated series about Jack...

Legion Wrote:Yeah, Myspace is basically a giant puppeteers tool for the media and the jerk offs in charge. I have actually started losing respect for authors who put up character pages, etc. And it stinks, since some of these writers were some of my faves. But I personally think its just stooping to the lowest of the low just to sell books.

Besides, can you imagine Jack getting a myspace page? I sure can't. Goes against his very nature.
I didn't realize authors frequent MySpace. I always thought it was mostly for musicians to post samples of songs and people to gush about them Tongue What're some of the authors who do things like MySpace character pages? That sounds like something fans would make for the author, instead of the other way around.

It'll be interesting if Jack ended up having to deal with a fix-it through some kind of social networking site. I remember a case about a girl who was murdered by a guy she met on MySpace.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
tjcw316   08-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Alot of the fansites for actors/musicians are controlled by selecting the approval option for comments on the main site and for the blogs. You can also have certain criteria setup for friends request as such as "authors last name". If managed properly, you could do alot with it and keep it user friendly(such as the issue with delayed time in loading the page)

As far as the animation project, I have been messing around with Toon Boom and Macromedia a bit. I am just learning right now, so I will be starting with the basic 2D animation, but will eventually move on to 3D.

My idea would be to have all the characters based on the over all suggestion of who would play what...from here. Except for RJ. I want RJ to be kind of a shadow like character, with no face (like Wilson from Home Improvement or the evil Dr. MADD from Inspector Gadget). It would go along with the artwork from the book covers and keep up with the untrackable identity of RJ. There would have to be careful detail to be able to show RJ's anger in his threatening eyes utilizing lighting aspects and shadows. It would take me a few months, and would have to do it parts (such as chapters of books), but I am going to give it a shot.

It will be fun...
Legion   08-15-2008, 09:37 AM
tjcw316 Wrote:Alot of the fansites for actors/musicians are controlled by selecting the approval option for comments on the main site and for the blogs. You can also have certain criteria setup for friends request as such as "authors last name". If managed properly, you could do alot with it and keep it user friendly(such as the issue with delayed time in loading the page)

As far as the animation project, I have been messing around with Toon Boom and Macromedia a bit. I am just learning right now, so I will be starting with the basic 2D animation, but will eventually move on to 3D.

My idea would be to have all the characters based on the over all suggestion of who would play what...from here. Except for RJ. I want RJ to be kind of a shadow like character, with no face (like Wilson from Home Improvement or the evil Dr. MADD from Inspector Gadget). It would go along with the artwork from the book covers and keep up with the untrackable identity of RJ. There would have to be careful detail to be able to show RJ's anger in his threatening eyes utilizing lighting aspects and shadows. It would take me a few months, and would have to do it parts (such as chapters of books), but I am going to give it a shot.

It will be fun...

I must say that I really think this idea isn't matching with the feeling of the series overall. Then again I am against an RJ movie period. I have worked with some of the best animators of the past few years I gotta say, unless there was a MASSIVE concerted group effort for a project like this, it will turn out too... Toony.

The only conceivable way to do this quickly would really be flash. I always find flash cartoons ( save for Foamy and Aquateen, those two are just too funny to hate) to just come off as cheaply done.

As for lightning effects for his eyes??? Your best bet would probably be to never show his face. Use over the shoulder shots, etc.

tjcw316   08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm kinda confused about some of your comments, Legion...

I am a newbie to the RJ community, and only midway through my second book...Legacies, but I was instantly hooked, and amazed that I had not heard of RJ prior.

The ideas that I have are not to change the intent of the series as FPW is the only person who can do that. My ideas are to bring forth more marketing awareness and different avenues for the fans to interact. I am sure FPW would not mind if RJ gained more popularity through whatever means.

I had seen "The Keep" earlier in my life and when you cross over from novel to movie, there are always the negatives cause there is just so much you can merge into a movie from a 450 (average#) page novel. At times due to the script and the director's vision of how he sees the movie are just about always different from the author's vision. To properly do a cross-over, the author should be a director or co-director.

But I am not making a big production movie here. As I am a new Junkie here, I just thought it would be a different avenue to share the excitement and thrill that I have gotten from discovering RJ. I don't see how this could take away from the series? The series is just that, a series. All the other ideas are for fan interaction and to keep the excitement that I have of RJ and that others may have going.

But that is just my take on things as I am new to the community.
Pages (2): 1 2