Kenji   08-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Jack Ketchum's "Red"!

Trailer:Red

Red is very sad story. But as a fan of Jack Ketchum's, I want to see this. I saw the trailer. Brian Cox play Avery Ludlow. I think he's good for this role.

Has anyone seen this?
Tony H   08-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Kenji Wrote:Jack Ketchum's "Red"!

Red is very sad story. But as a fan of Jack Ketchum's, I want to see this. I saw the trailer. Brian Cox play Avery Ludlow. I think he's good for this role.

Has anyone seen this?

I saw the trailer for this too. I red the story and liked it enough to want to see it in a visual medium, but...eh...something seems off about this. I can't place it, almost too made for t.v. for me. We'll see.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
thisisatest   08-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Kenji Wrote:Jack Ketchum's "Red"!

Has anyone seen this?

Steve D

Been waiting for this movie for a long time. I've been waiting for the filming of "Off Season" a lot longer. But for "Red" Brian Cox is a great choice, as is Tom Sizemore. Ketchum's stories don't require a lot of special effects, just good acting. And "Red" has got the acting chops with a great story to tell. Hope to see more of Ketchum's work in the future.

BTW, does the trailer seem to you to give too much away?

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Tony H   08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

Been waiting for this movie for a long time. I've been waiting for the filming of "Off Season" a lot longer. But for "Red" Brian Cox is a great choice, as is Tom Sizemore. Ketchum's stories don't require a lot of special effects, just good acting. And "Red" has got the acting chops with a great story to tell. Hope to see more of Ketchum's work in the future.

BTW, does the trailer seem to you to give too much away?

Ahh, that nailed just what was wrong with the trailer. It pretty much said it all. I thought it was just because I read the story and knew it, but that's what was off about the trailer. Too much!!!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
saynomore   10-03-2008, 01:42 AM
My brother, Steve, and I went to see Red. But it wasn't there although the newspaper said it was. The ticket seller said the movie was pulled the first week due to lack of attendance. Guess I'll have to wait for the dvd.

AC

P.S. We saw Ghost Town instead (I whined about the choice but was outvoted). Damn movie was very good. Ghost meets The Sixth Sense.