GeraldRice   07-31-2008, 10:00 AM
I rented this recently and it was pretty good. Just imagine, Japanese anime meets the icon that is Batman. What results is a series of vignettes in different Japanese styles exploring different aspects of the character, some tied in to the movie and some going in completely different directions. The first story is about a group of teens telling tall tales about their Batman sightings. The drawing styles range from so-so to beautiful and all are animated wonderfully. The Bat suit looks completely different in each, but the one thing they do have is Kevin Conroy voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman, which kind of sounds silly in the stories that involve a young-looking Bruce Wayne. But overall, worth the rent if you can find a copy.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Silverfish   07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't know about that. That whole experience was just wierd. It seemed that the even numbered ones were good, but the odd numbered ones were just...odd. My favourite one was the [SPOILER]two cops getting in the middle of a gunfight.[/SPOILER] That was really well done. The one I disliked the most was probably the first short, as I didn't really know what to expect from the whole experience, and I was pretty confused by the whole experiene.

I don't think I'd watch it again, if given the chance. I just can't wrap my head around Batman and anime.

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"
Automatic Jack   08-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Yep, it's pretty much the Animatrix, Batman-style. I'm excited to see it, being as there are some top-notch animation studios working on this one (Madhouse, 4°C, Production IG) and some familiar writers (David S. Goyer, Brian Azzarello, Greg Rucka). So even though I'm not a huge Bat-fan, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Although when I saw the trailer, those images of big-eyed, pretty-boy Bruce Wayne juxtaposed with the square-jawed Batman had me in stitches. I guess the jaw comes with the costume.

Ya gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!
law dawg   08-02-2008, 01:50 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I rented this recently and it was pretty good. Just imagine, Japanese anime meets the icon that is Batman. What results is a series of vignettes in different Japanese styles exploring different aspects of the character, some tied in to the movie and some going in completely different directions. The first story is about a group of teens telling tall tales about their Batman sightings. The drawing styles range from so-so to beautiful and all are animated wonderfully. The Bat suit looks completely different in each, but the one thing they do have is Kevin Conroy voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman, which kind of sounds silly in the stories that involve a young-looking Bruce Wayne. But overall, worth the rent if you can find a copy.

It's on iTunes as well.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.