Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
beowulf   07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
I just read the first three books and I was recently saying that the story warranted a movie. I hope Repairman Jack sees similar progress!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47320

"Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent."
KRW   07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
beowulf Wrote:I just read the first three books and I was recently saying that the story warranted a movie. I hope Repairman Jack sees similar progress!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47320

Glad to hear it. I just hope they do more justice to this story on the silver screen than they did with "Watchers". On a side note though. When I was reading the books, I always pictured Bluesman Mike as Odd Thomas. Weird huh?
cobalt   07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
KRW Wrote:Glad to hear it. I just hope they do more justice to this story on the silver screen than they did with "Watchers". On a side note though. When I was reading the books, I always pictured Bluesman Mike as Odd Thomas. Weird huh?

.gif
roflmao.gif (Size: 9.63 KB Downloads: 105)
Now that is funny!

EWMAN
Legion   07-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Are the books any good? Always afraid to read them due to the hype. his stuff as of late has sucked. I'm pissed off he STILL hasn't finished the Chris Snow novels.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
KRW   07-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Legion Wrote:Are the books any good? Always afraid to read them due to the hype. his stuff as of late has sucked. I'm pissed off he STILL hasn't finished the Chris Snow novels.

I've never read the Chris Snow novels. I was a Koontz fan back in the day when he wrote Watchers, Lightning, Twilight Eyes, and Coldfire.
That boy did get repetitive.
I hopped back on board with Odd Thomas and Frankenstein. Odd is awesome and unlike most of Deans stories. Unfortunately, Frankenstein seems to be following his repetitive style.

Check Odd out, you won't even believe it's Koontz writing it.
jimbow8   07-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Legion Wrote:Are the books any good? Always afraid to read them due to the hype. his stuff as of late has sucked. I'm pissed off he STILL hasn't finished the Chris Snow novels.

I really liked Odd1. I didn't care for Odd2. Odd3 was somewhere in between. I haven't read the fourth yet.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   07-29-2008, 01:08 AM
KRW Wrote:.. I always pictured Bluesman Mike as Odd Thomas..

Hell no, Ken, hell no. Your mind's your own, so you can picture whomever you like. But, hell no, Ken, hell no.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   07-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Maggers Wrote:Hell no, Ken, hell no. Your mind's your own, so you can picture whomever you like. But, hell no, Ken, hell no.
Well, maybe just the "Odd" part. . . .

Ken V.
KRW   07-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Well, maybe just the "Odd" part. . . .

Ken V.
Have you read them Ken? If you could picture Mike as Odd, it might explain a few things.Big Grin
KRW   07-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Maggers Wrote:Hell no, Ken, hell no. Your mind's your own, so you can picture whomever you like. But, hell no, Ken, hell no.

Can you explain Mike any better than Koontz did?
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4