Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9   
GeraldRice   03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:You'll have to watch with every spare moment if you hope to accomplish that-that's a lot of episodes in two weeks.

Had to push everything back. There are two people in line ahead of me for The Wire and BSG is out too. Maybe I'll get that last disc for Carnivale.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
GeraldRice   04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I guess I assumed it would always be there for me. As I round out the last 2 episodes of season four I went to request the next disk for season 5. I assumed there was a 6 and 7th season for some reason. There isn't. There just isn't.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   04-05-2010, 12:27 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:I guess I assumed it would always be there for me. As I round out the last 2 episodes of season four I went to request the next disk for season 5. I assumed there was a 6 and 7th season for some reason. There isn't. There just isn't.

Nope. Five seasons is all there is but they do an excellent job of wrapping everything up.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
colburn0004   04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Nope. Five seasons is all there is but they do an excellent job of wrapping everything up.

But it's a sad, sad day when it ends. Sad I miss the wire. So happy for Treme to start up next week though.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
johnsherris   04-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I love The Wire and consider it to be the best show ever put on television but I don't want The Wire returning for a season 6. Everything that's needed to be said has been said, and honestly all the corruption and political maneuvering has already been explored with the Clay Davis / Mayor Royce arcs, through to Davis "rainmaking" Stringer Bell.
GeraldRice   04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I really, really need to stop reading about the characters from The Wire. I keep finding out stuff I don't want to know in advance. But I was curious, is Randy Wagstaff, one of the corner boys from season 4 (the one who goes to a foster home) related to Melvin 'Cheese' Wagstaff?

Crap, I found out about 3 characters dying. I didn't want to know in advance.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
colburn0004   04-07-2010, 08:15 AM
GeraldRice Wrote:I really, really need to stop reading about the characters from The Wire. I keep finding out stuff I don't want to know in advance. But I was curious, is Randy Wagstaff, one of the corner boys from season 4 (the one who goes to a foster home) related to Melvin 'Cheese' Wagstaff?

Crap, I found out about 3 characters dying. I didn't want to know in advance.

Not really sure. All we really knew was that Randy was adopted. And we know cheese was the nephew of Prop Joe, but we don't really know if Randy was related in anyway. The last season made me so sad for the corner boys, the one I hated the most gets the best ending? BLEH! Sorry Gerald if that ruins anything for you.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
t4terrific   04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
johnsherris Wrote:I love The Wire and consider it to be the best show ever put on television but I don't want The Wire returning for a season 6. Everything that's needed to be said has been said, and honestly all the corruption and political maneuvering has already been explored with the Clay Davis / Mayor Royce arcs, through to Davis "rainmaking" Stringer Bell.

You must have missed Matlock.Big Grin
GeraldRice   04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
colburn0004 Wrote:Not really sure. All we really knew was that Randy was adopted. And we know cheese was the nephew of Prop Joe, but we don't really know if Randy was related in anyway. The last season made me so sad for the corner boys, the one I hated the most gets the best ending? BLEH! Sorry Gerald if that ruins anything for you.

I indulged myself. Even though it was never explored on the show, Randy Wagstaff was Cheese's son.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Scott Miller   04-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I recently rewatched Season 1 and it only affirmed my opinion that it is the best show ever.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (9):    1 5 6 7 8 9