Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 12:28 PM
jonledon Wrote:Nothing against Connery at all. Connery, Elvis, Nicholson, and Eastwood are the Four Horseman as far as I'm concerned.

But you have to admit this is the first time People have been excited about Bond in years.

Well, maybe. If only to see how that...=unusual= title can translate into a Bond flick. Amy Winehouse was supposed to do the theme song. She couldn't concentrate long enough to do it. (Her sad, bad habits could not have helped either.) I've been writing lyrics for a long time, know how to do it, but that pseudo-poetic phrase doesn't lend itself to anything that would make sense. Not like, say, GOLDFINGER. But give me and me songwriting partner John Borg 50 large up-front, and we will write a # 1.:hello:
jonledon   07-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, maybe. If only to see how that...=unusual= title can translate into a Bond flick. Amy Winehouse was supposed to do the theme song. She couldn't concentrate long enough to do it. (Her sad, bad habits could not have helped either.) I've been writing lyrics for a long time, know how to do it, but that pseudo-poetic phrase doesn't lend itself to anything that would make sense. Not like, say, GOLDFINGER. But give me and me songwriting partner John Borg 50 large up-front, and we will write a # 1.:hello:

You ain't gettin much out of a crackhead. Little Amy is destined to be the Janis Joplin of the new millennium. Fairly unattractive with a powerful voice and a monster of a drug habit.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
jonledon Wrote:You ain't gettin much out of a crackhead. Little Amy is destined to be the Janis Joplin of the new millennium. Fairly unattractive with a powerful voice and a monster of a drug habit.

No two ways about it. I =love= the song, MY TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN. But Monday night at my evil uptown hangout Marty O'Briens' Irish Pub, me conductor pal John and I listened to the tune, and didn't he say, "Michael, listen to the changes: it's AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN, right?" "Well...well...John, there are =similarities=... But she's working in that tradition, right?" "Michael, you got ears. Same progression." And I took that bad, for some reason. Came down to a foight: my knife against his conductor's baton.

Luckily it's a cop bar. They saved my life.
jonledon   07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:No two ways about it. I =love= the song, MY TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN. But Monday night at my evil uptown hangout Marty O'Briens' Irish Pub, me conductor pal John and I listened to the tune, and didn't he say, "Michael, listen to the changes: it's AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN, right?" "Well...well...John, there are =similarities=... But she's working in that tradition, right?" "Michael, you got ears. Same progression." And I took that bad, for some reason. Came down to a foight: my knife against his conductor's baton.

Luckily it's a cop bar. They saved my life.

You lead an interesting life.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
jonledon Wrote:You lead an interesting life.

Naw! Very quiet and peaceful. The =next= one though...that might make up for it. 2111: "OK...this is the last nuclear weapon on Earth...you fucking aliens let the little girl go RIGHT NOW and MAYBE I won't ignite it...but I HATE to make promises I can't keep...Sarah...you OK?...don't cry, honey...Mommy and Daddy will be right here soon... Do you UNDERSTAND what the situation IS here, hivemaster?"

I can hardly wait!
jonledon   07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Naw! Very quiet and peaceful. The =next= one though...that might make up for it. 2111: "OK...this is the last nuclear weapon on Earth...you fucking aliens let the little girl go RIGHT NOW and MAYBE I won't ignite it...but I HATE to make promises I can't keep...Sarah...you OK?...don't cry, honey...Mommy and Daddy will be right here soon... Do you UNDERSTAND what the situation IS here, hivemaster?"

I can hardly wait!

You're too young for 'Nam. I'm betting you suffer from acid flashbacks. Am I right? :beer:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 03:00 PM
jonledon Wrote:You're too young for 'Nam. I'm betting you suffer from acid flashbacks. Am I right? :beer:

Back in me hippie daze (1970-1976) I dropped acid maybe 40 times. But I've never had a "flashback." I've never met anyone who has. I think that ah-deer is a myth.
This post was last modified: 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
jonledon   07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Back in me hippie daze (1970-1976) I dropped acid maybe 40 times. But I've never had a "flashback." I've never met anyone who has. I think that ah-deer is a myth.

If it was a myth, Dennis Hopper wouldn't have a career.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
jonledon Wrote:If it was a myth, Dennis Hopper wouldn't have a career.

If not for myths, Homer wouldn't have a career either!:p

But square business, Jon, I've met many a drug-addled hippie ruin in my time (used to be one myself, until I found Odin...or was it Loki?), but nary a word about acid flashbacks has ever been passed among us. I think it's a myth promulgated by the crew who swore LSD-saturated brains directed their heads to stare at the sun 'til their eyes burned out. But who would spread such a cruel rumor?

Probably the beer industry.
This post was last modified: 07-14-2008, 03:27 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Tony H   07-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Naw! Very quiet and peaceful. The =next= one though...that might make up for it. 2111:

My guess is that it will be a hell of a lot sooner than that.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Pages (3):    1 2 3