Pages (2): 1 2   
KRW   08-09-2004, 03:20 PM
On page 371, when RJ was dosed with Berzerk and running from the police
in Monroe, an oriental dude in a Pacer cuts him off and he wrecks.

On page 278, In The Touch, it is mentioned that Ba has an AMC Pacer.

My question is: How many orientals drive Pacers in Monroeand was it Ba
driving it.

Just an observation, but I noticed this time around when I read All The Rage
that the Oddity Emporium used Haskins place (Tenants and Nightworld) to
set up, page 450.

KRW
Animagess   08-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah, there's lots of little goodies in ATR. Like how Nadia's boyfriend (can't recall his name right now) has a favorite sushi place called the Kuro Kaze (Black Wind).

I don't know about the Ba thing but it would be hilarious if that was him in the Pacer. I guess he kind of did Jack a favour by cutting him off, thus preventing him from further damaging himself, innocent bystanders and vehicles (for the record, the Jack-On-Berzerk scene is one of my favorites in the whole series. I nearly gagged when Jack started drinking Nadia's coffee. "Noooo, don't do it!!")...

"You gotta tell everyone, Hatcher! Soylent green is PEOPLE!!"

My witty similes will spread across the world like creamy peanut butter.
KRW   08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Animagess Wrote:Yeah, there's lots of little goodies in ATR. Like how Nadia's boyfriend (can't recall his name right now) has a favorite sushi place called the Kuro Kaze (Black Wind).

I don't know about the Ba thing but it would be hilarious if that was him in the Pacer. I guess he kind of did Jack a favour by cutting him off, thus preventing him from further damaging himself, innocent bystanders and vehicles (for the record, the Jack-On-Berzerk scene is one of my favorites in the whole series. I nearly gagged when Jack started drinking Nadia's coffee. "Noooo, don't do it!!")...

I still haven't found a copy of Black Wind yet but I know it is highly ranked on this forum, excuse enough to buy it!

KRW
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-09-2004, 07:12 PM
KRW Wrote:I still haven't found a copy of Black Wind yet but I know it is highly ranked on this forum, excuse enough to buy it!

KRW

KRW--take it from an old bluesman. BLACK WIND is a masterpiece, pure and simple.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Animagess Wrote:Yeah, there's lots of little goodies in ATR. Like how Nadia's boyfriend (can't recall his name right now) has a favorite sushi place called the Kuro Kaze (Black Wind).

That's great--Kuro Kaze=Black Wind.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-09-2004, 07:35 PM

No two ways about it, a great scene. But I wonder--is Jack-on-Bezerk the =real= Jack? The one he keeps so tightly under control?
Ken Valentine   08-09-2004, 09:18 PM
KRW Wrote:I still haven't found a copy of Black Wind yet but I know it is highly ranked on this forum, excuse enough to buy it!

KRW

there are copies available at abebooks.com.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   08-09-2004, 09:26 PM

Doug Gleason . . . couldn't remember it myself at first. Big Grin

Yeah, that was kind of neat. (Except it was a typo. In the paperback ATR, it was spelled Kuroi Kaze, instead of Kurio Kaze.)

I think only a really hard-core FPW fan would have noticed the reference as you did. Wink

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   08-09-2004, 09:32 PM
KRW Wrote:On page 371, when RJ was dosed with Berzerk and running from the police
in Monroe, an oriental dude in a Pacer cuts him off and he wrecks.

On page 278, In The Touch, it is mentioned that Ba has an AMC Pacer.

My question is: How many orientals drive Pacers in Monroeand was it Ba
driving it.

Just an observation, but I noticed this time around when I read All The Rage
that the Oddity Emporium used Haskins place (Tenants and Nightworld) to
set up, page 450.

KRW

Looks like I'm going to have to re-read THE TOUCH. I seem to remember that Dr. Alan Bulmer owned a Pacer.

You also might also recall that the name of the attending physician on Jack's wrist band in the hospital was Dr. A. Bulmer. Wink

Ken V.
Dorian   08-09-2004, 11:13 PM

Yeah that scene had me too. But I was freaking out because he was heading home to Gia and Vicks.
Pages (2): 1 2