Legion   06-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I was shopping abesbooks.com when I searched for By the Sword. I stumbled across what looks like a Mass Market ( paperback ) copy for sale already in Germany. Is this legal? If not FPW should know.

I may be wrong but see for yourself.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDeta...D0%26y%3D0

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Marc   06-24-2008, 07:18 PM
At $28.30 it's probably hardcover. And my German is rusty but isn't "gebunden" mean "bound" as in hardcover bound?
Legion   06-24-2008, 07:36 PM
look at the bookseller. paperbackworld.de

Either way, that edition isn't supposed to be out yet ( at least thats what i thought).

fpw   06-25-2008, 08:51 AM
[SIZE="3"]That's one of the ARCs they were giving away at BEA a few weeks ago. Obviously a German bookseller snagged one for resale. That's a no-no but it happens all the time.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Legion   06-25-2008, 11:16 AM
What through me off is not only the website name, but that cover looks different than the ones I have seen elsewhere.

cool.

Silverfish   06-25-2008, 07:43 PM
If you click on the "View Larger Image" link, it says: "This is a stock photo and is not the actual image of the item available from this bookseller."

Meh..

Stephanie

Abe's raised eyebrows caused furrows in his extended forehead. "Five in twelve hours?"
"Oh, and like you've never had a cranky day?"