Legion   05-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Been meaning to bring this up for ages.

Sisters of Mercy is one of my all time favorite groups. I grew up in dirty melodramatic goth clubs listening to them. What can i say?

They have a song called Ozymandias. Is there a connection?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
Dave F   06-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Legion Wrote:Been meaning to bring this up for ages.

Sisters of Mercy is one of my all time favorite groups. I grew up in dirty melodramatic goth clubs listening to them. What can i say?

They have a song called Ozymandias. Is there a connection?

Me too, as my avatar might just give away

Still a goth at heart!

I think the Sisters Ozymandias song was an unreleased promo tagged onto Dominion

I think it was the Shelley poem set to Sister's music - but I could be speaking b0ll0cks as I don't own the bootleg it is available on

My guess would be coincidence

The artist formally known as Britfan
fpw   06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
[SIZE="3"]The only Sisters of Mercy I ever head of were the ones who taught me (abd rapped my knuckles) in grammar school.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave F   06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
fpw Wrote:The only Sisters of Mercy I ever head of were the ones who taught me (abd rapped my knuckles) in grammar school.

Weezy would be a BIG fan, I'm sure her record (I nearly typed CD) collection would include their music Smile

The artist formally known as Britfan
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The only Sisters of Mercy I ever head of were the ones who taught me (abd rapped my knuckles) in grammar school.[/SIZE]

Well, didn't all of us who went to Catholic school have our knucks rapped? I believe it made us better scholars and citizens!Confusedquigglemouth:
Oxenberger   06-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, didn't all of us who went to Catholic school have our knucks rapped? I believe it made us better scholars and citizens!Confusedquigglemouth:

Ahh yes, let's see rapped knuckles, made us shave, and ohh I took a shot in the kidney once from a priest (well he was an amateur boxer!) Hey I turned out okay...

Mike, another round?!?

Cheers,
-Ox
fpw   06-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, didn't all of us who went to Catholic school have our knucks rapped? I believe it made us better scholars and citizens!Confusedquigglemouth:

[SIZE="3"]Can't think of a time I didn't deserve it.[/SIZE]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   06-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Rapping my knuckles, making us kneel on pencils or the dreaded paddle....yup...gotta love them nuns.

EWMAN
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-01-2008, 10:57 PM
fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Can't think of a time I didn't deserve it.[/SIZE]

I was a good young scholar, but yeah, I guess we all deserved it once in awhile... but me cafe is closing now, be back tomorrow with an insight about the declining American Priesthood.
mkmfpwfan   06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I just seen this and had to respond, Mark is going to kill me for telling tales. Mark started out in Catholic school around the Philly area, but ended up in public school. He decked a nun in first grade I think, but according to him she used a close fist and from that point he considered her fair game for his return right. Needless to say he was no longer welcome. :xd: Keri