Legion   05-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I know you can download The Long Way Home from Amazon. Been there done that.

I just got an 80 gig iPod and am hoping to condense a good bit of my library to its hard drive.

So, am are any of the FPW books avail as e books?

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
bones weep tedium   05-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Isnt an ipod for listening to audio?

Does it have a little screen, or do you mean audio books? :confused:

80 gigs is H U G E ! ! ! :eek:

I accidentally dropped a load of worthless change in the street. I was going to just leave it there but a burly policeman lumbered towards me and said, "You'd better pick that up, son."

I hate coppers.

[Image: smile-test.gif]"DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH.
LIBERTY IS A WELL-ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE."
Marc   05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm a little confused too. You might be able to read an e-book on the iPod (don't know) but that's one tiny screen, one you'll end up straining your eyes to read. Are you talking audio books?
mkmfpwfan   05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
F Paul said that he might be interested in putting The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium book in an ebook format, but he might have been pulling my leg that day. :-) One can only hope that he wasn't. Keri
Legion   05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I have found a way to convert the text of e books to the notes style on the iPod which only gives you limited space per note but its good for sittin in an airport or docs office.

Right now I have the collected works of TS Elliot, Richard Matheson, Christopher Moore, Kurt Vonnegut, Ray Bradbury and George Orwell on there.

And no, the screen is actually a good size. I watch movies on it all the time. When I am not doing chores or busy with the baby I am usually downloading new movies and converting them to MP4. Im a bit of a download junkie.

Legion   05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Over the past five years I have compiled 373 gigs of music and I don't even know how much of movies.

Music is one of my few passions that has not been beaten down into apathy over the years.

mores   12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Is that an iPod Touch you're using?
Then you can read books with a program called "Stanza"!

I just noticed this thread is really old. Sorry Smile
Legion   12-23-2008, 05:06 PM
mores Wrote:Is that an iPod Touch you're using?
Then you can read books with a program called "Stanza"!

I just noticed this thread is really old. Sorry Smile

No problem. No, no touch as of yet. Using the latest gen of Ipod Classic. Want to get a Touch but finances are non-existent. That is one of the first non-gun purchases I plan on getting once I start working again.

I've also recently discovered I can read Ebooks in PDF and Txt Format on my phone, an HTC Excaliber ( Tmobile Dash) as its a Windows Mobile Device.