Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
Barry Lee Dejasu   05-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I would just like to start the offical Repairman Jack Message Board thread about this movie by stating that, even though anyone who knows me knows that I don't pick favorites, this movie was for me, without a doubt...

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
[SIZE=2]
That is all. Next response!
[/SIZE]

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
cobalt   05-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up, we're going Saturday to see the movie.

EWMAN
Marc   05-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm seeing it tomorrow and while I'm sure I'll enjoy it I doubt I'll like it as much as you.
Maggers   05-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I'm seeing it tomorrow and while I'm sure I'll enjoy it I doubt I'll like it as much as you.

Yeah, I enjoyed the other IJ movies well enough, but I never went back and saw them again, even on TV or DVD. One viewing was sufficient.

I'm not rushing out to see this one. It will be around all summer.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
If I could, I'll go to see it today or tomorrow, but.....

[SIZE="3"]I have to wait until next month! [/SIZE]Confusedquigglemouth:
Ken Valentine   05-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Maggers Wrote:Yeah, I enjoyed the other IJ movies well enough, but I never went back and saw them again, even on TV or DVD. One viewing was sufficient.

I'm not rushing out to see this one. It will be around all summer.

I'll wait until it is released on DVD. If it's good, then I can watch it over and over again. If it's not, I still won't have paid the high price (and annoyance) of going to a theater.

Ken V.
icarusflu   05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
I want to avoid spoilers so i just want to say it was good - hell of alot better than Speed Racer - but I think It was kinda forced - I didn't think that the effects at the end of the movie were pulled off as well as the end of the opening sequence and Shia LeBouf's charictor visually is a rip off of Marlon Brando in the Wild One

icarusflu
Wapitikev   05-22-2008, 11:45 PM
icarusflu Wrote:I want to avoid spoilers so i just want to say it was good - hell of alot better than Speed Racer - but I think It was kinda forced - I didn't think that the effects at the end of the movie were pulled off as well as the end of the opening sequence and Shia LeBouf's charictor visually is a rip off of Marlon Brando in the Wild One

icarusflu

Anyone care to make a comparison to Raiders? Or to Iron man?

-Wapitikev

Axioms Jack seems to live by (inadvertantly or not):

Why he does what he does: "I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." Bruce Wayne, Identity Crisis

On Rasalom: "Water's wet, the sky is blue...and good old Satan Claus, Jimmy...he's out there...and he's just gettin' stronger." Joe Hallenbeck, The Last Boyscout
Barry Lee Dejasu   05-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I'll wait until it is released on DVD. If it's good, then I can watch it over and over again. If it's not, I still won't have paid the high price (and annoyance) of going to a theater.

Ken V.

You're sure going to miss the magic of seeing one of these movies on the big screen, then. It's the whole point Spielberg has been making by only releasing it in non-digital theaters. And I technically belong to the "wait until DVD" generation and I'm this cinematically conservative!

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Blake   05-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I liked it a lot. For me, it's easily on par with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. (I won't bother comparing it to Raiders, which is in a class by itself and probably can't be compared fairly to anything anymore.) It's great fun, even (or especially) in its most preposterous moments, which I guess is the point.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5